Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Forum Leader
Sports Forum

Judge
2011 Best Rub Contest

Post #1  Post subject: Wellllllllllllllllllllll.......Knuckle Head!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:41 am 
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2018/01/25/white-tailed-buck-poached-denton-county-couldve-record-books-instead-itll-wall-shame :no:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Wellllllllllllllllllllll.......Knuckle Head!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:24 am 
He claims he killed it a week after first shooting it with his bow? f I shot a deer like that im not coming back out until I have found it, don't care how long it takes. Phone someone to bring me food and water. Phone a bud to bring his dog out, you don't leave a trophy like that out there wounded, you find him. he finds him on a game cam? and shoots him seven days later? sound fishy to me.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Wellllllllllllllllllllll.......Knuckle Head!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:50 am 
What a great deer to have been taken like that.. :smack: Knuckle Head is right coindude.... But the judge wasn't much better because sentences of 2 years probation and 40 hours of community service will never deter poaching... Granted the restitution fine was substantial, but I'm not convinced fines are all that effective in deterring poaching in general. I liked the judge's sentence better in the other story I clicked over to from that page because he took a dude's hunting license away from him for 5 years on a poaching charge then sentenced him to spend every weekend in jail during deer season... for the next 5 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2010 Deer Contest

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Wellllllllllllllllllllll.......Knuckle Head!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:05 pm 
Travis is/was on a Texas bowhunting board that I am on and was well known there.
It was kind of funny when the story first broke of the wardens confiscating that deer months ago. Lots stood by his side because he was a good christian man saying no way he would do this. That thread got pretty nasty. Come to find out there is a big possibility that this is not his first. That 53k should hurt for a while but I agree that the judge was way too easy on him.

There are some giants in north Texas for sure. Grayson, Collin, Denton and Dallas counties all have some beasts. I know I have posted this before but if a person is interested in getting the chance at shooting a true monster buck with a bow then they need to put in for the Hagerman refuge draw (largest Hag buck taken scored 254) . With the point system they have now you can usually get drawn in 3 years. Is a great hunt if someone wants to test their skills and luck. No baiting, no motorized vehicles, free range deer and you only have 3 days to get the job done. Is one of those hunts where you stay on stand all day.

Online Profile