Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Post #1  Post subject: Faun time in Texas
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:39 pm 
I have been watching the does on my game cams and some are big with soon to arrive fauns. The bucks are starting to develop their velvet antlers. My friends found a surprise on their deck yesterday. they were out in the yard feeding oranges to the momma doe

https://www.facebook.com/julie.brown.16 ... =3&theater

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Faun time in Texas
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:08 pm 
Saw my first fawn like 2 weeks ago. I also saw some deer that were in velvet and coming along.

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Faun time in Texas
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:28 am 
The College I was a Director at down that way had 400 acres a lot of it nature preserve. The grounds crew mowed lots that wasn't wetlands and this time of year they ran across fawns almost everyday. Always had to teach new hires to just mow around them no need to touch them or bring em back to the shop momma wasn't too far away. We had some fantastic deer there, 12, 14 pointers. Heavy antlers. We would find the bodies of some big bucks there every year, trophy hunters just taking the head and cape. When parks and wildlife would run a sting every so often what came up in there nets wasn't guys from the subdivision across the way but HPD, Houston Police doing the poaching, guess they thought they were above the law.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Faun time in Texas
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:13 pm 
I have seen several fawns in the last week and the neighbors are seeing them heeling the does out in hayfields. No twins yet that I have seen but seems to be a good bunch of fawns.

Online Profile  

Post #5  Post subject: Re: Faun time in Texas
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:53 am 
I have been picking up a tiny faun on one of my game cams, just a couple times. also get a doe coming to that area during the day. I'm not going over there very often right now. about a week ago I saw a momma doe and a faun in the road near my driveway at nite. It was still a bit wobbly legged. Still waiting for the fauns to show up with the does on the cams.

Bucks in budding velvet I am starting to see a few

I had not seen any hog sign or picked any up on my game cams since med-Feb but recently I'v run across fresh hog poop in my yard. It hasnt been raining and none of the mast plants are fruiting. Usually only see hogs up at my place when its been wet, or really wet and flooding. Makes me wonder if they are cruising the uplands searching for newborn fauns

A 25 lbs shoat tried to race my car across the road last nite. Broke the side light cover but no major damage. One less hog out on Hilliard road. First time I'v seen a live hog on that road, lived out there since 79. 20 lbs dressed out

Offline Profile