Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Post #21  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 pm 
crappiefrog wrote:
deaddog500 wrote:
There are a ton of ways of preparing trout.
Cedar plank is another good one...

I agree with deaddog500 about the cedar plank. After you grill it on a cedar plank, toss the trout and eat the plank. :happy0035:

I've tried them every way folks tell me they're great and can't develop a taste for them. I think my problem is I had eaten a lot of fried crappie and catfish before I tried trout.

Four of us flew into a popular resort once and one of the guys ordered smoked trout as an entrée. It was served whole, on a bed of ice. He tried a bite and we passed it around the table. He told us that if we wanted it, we could have it. No one took him up on it. I told them that from the smoked taste, I could tell they smoked it on the exhaust manifold of a '57 Chevy Classic convertible.

To each his own. Glad you're having a great time catching and enjoying them rough. I think that's the most important thing - making great memories and eating what you catch!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2011 Deer Contest
Winning Team
2013 Deer Contest

Post #22  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 am 
The wild trout taste a lot like salmon to me.........maybe it's just my tastebuds....lol You know I am from Louisiana!!! :smiliecarryon-1.gif: :victorysmileygreen:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #23  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:05 am 
Trout is proof that any fish you catch yourself taste good. Try eating one somebody else caught, thats the test. I just gut them dip in egg and roll in cornmeal, fry in bacon grease. thats whet we did with brook trout we caught in wild streams in colorado in the early sixties and thats what I've done since. Wake up in the morning and you got chimpmonk prints in your bacon grease in the pan. Everytime.

Offline Profile  

Post #24  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 am 
:surp: Or a bear! :surp:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #25  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 pm 
chipmunk, man I really am a bad speller

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #26  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:48 am 
rambored, with much trial and error I am finally getting the hang of deboning a cooked trout and putting it back together. That is a great way to serve them. I bake em, debone em, put em back together or bake em, debone em and then fry em of in some bacon grease and serve with a squeeze of lemon. The baked ones are great with a little thyme, or basil or mint leaves. You pretty much can't go wrong with fresh herbs on a trout. But I'm getting burned out I catch way too many :happy0035: I need one of those vacuume meal sealers so my frozen ones last longer. I wonder about drying and smoking them, kinda like our brothers way up north do with salmon for their sled dogs. :happy0035: Or the seadogs in Florida do with mullet. Smoked mullet is a Florida thing but its spreading. I 've heard it called Biloxie Bacon in Mississippi. I doubt it spreads to Texas. In Florida mullet feed over clean white and tan sands and when you open one up its clean. In Texas they feed over muddy Bayous and you open one up and its full of mud, probably tastes like mud too.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #27  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:25 am 
I'm running out of ideas I'm gonna try deaddogs idea of making trout salad out of em. And I may bake some up just shy of done and clean up the meat and make trout patties, use a salmon pattie recipe and sub the trout. I'm thinking mayo, salt, pepper, chopped up hard boiled egg and a splash of hot sauce for the trout salad...on toast. :scratch:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #28  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:04 am 
My fishing buddy and me were catching our 5 fish limit maybe 4 or fives times a week since last November when they started trout stockings in the community ponds. Been giving away frozen feezer bags of trout to anybody that wants em here at work but still eating a lot of em. After baking, grilling, frying, making patties, making trout salad, coming up with new and inventive ways to prepare them heres a good one. Bake your trout and debone it, save all the meat. Go up to the family Mart Grocery Store and pick out your favorite Tuna Helper box. Follow the instructions and replace the tuna with trout :happy0035: simple and easy :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Post #29  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:06 pm 
Trout almondine is my all time favorite way trout is prepared. Simply amazing

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
The Chuck Wagon

Highscores: 4
Post #30  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 pm 
That do look good. But to be honest, I've never had a taste for trout.

Offline Profile  

Post #31  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:00 am 
HIP: try putting the fillet of trout in gently boiling water with crab boil. A fine screen collander makes it easy to handle. Then refrigerate. Later flake the flesh and make fish cakes or fish salad. Any fish is good this way.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2012 Trail Cam Contest
2014 Trail Cam Contest
Winning Team
2013 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
"BIG" Co-Winner
2014 Tinest Tines Award

Post #32  Post subject: Re: TROUT RECIPES ANYONE??? HELP!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:26 pm 
Wife and I are going to Gaston's this weekend for our anniversary. Do not plan to keep any trout. They are fun to catch then I'm through with them

Offline Profile