Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #1  Post subject: Salt Water
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:59 am 
Its probably getting a little to warm outside already, I'll be ready in the fall. I use to hardly ever take off work and then In November I would get a pay out of unused PTO, personal time off, well they have stopped that annual pay out, so I need to use up my time this year, I already have over 250 hours 0n the books, over six weeks I need to take.
http://www.fishseaplay.com/galveston-fishing-report/
I have never chartered with these guys, prices seem high. I guide myself and have pretty good luck lived down there about 30 years I know my way around. I have chartered offshore for red snapper but we only paid like $55 for 8 hours $80 for 12 on a boat with about a dozen others, 25 years ago :happy0035: Cast a tent on the Texas City Dike buy a pint of live shrimp head out wade fishing bout three in the afternoon come back in at 5:30 with a few trout a red maybe a flounder, clean them and cook them up along with the few shrimp you got left and drink a Bud Light and watch the sun set....

Offline Profile  

Judge
2012 Trail Cam Contest
2014 Trail Cam Contest
Winning Team
2013 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
"BIG" Co-Winner
2014 Tinest Tines Award

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Salt Water
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:49 pm 
:happy093: :happy093:

Offline Profile  

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Salt Water
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:46 am 
Hip: you forgot wading the flats at high tide with coleman lanterns to gig flounder! Man what a great time! Mostly Grand Isle, La and Elmer's Island, La.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Salt Water
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:42 am 
When I first moved to the Gulf from Missouri that was the first fishing we did, gigging flounder. Had a blast. Made a reflector with foil to cover half the lens and not blind you. Good times. Learned early to string him before you pull the gig out or you would lose him. I don't know about La but Texas floundering has really changed. Now in the fall just when they are ganging up at the passes and cuts they cut back the daily limit to just two fish during the fall run. When I switched over to a pole with mud minnows I caught a big Ribbon Fish, I had been use to bream and bass and catfish in fresh water. I thought I caught a baby sea monster :happy0035: Skip to 11 minute mark.

Offline Profile