Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #1  Post subject: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:36 pm 
North Korea has proven to me without a shadow of a doubt that the time for negotiations and sanctions to convince them to give up their nuclear weapons program has passed.

So now what do we do? Just sit back and watch and continue the 30 year failed policy of trying to negotiate with them and sanction them while fruitlessly trying to talk China into stopping them, which they will never do or they already would have. Or do we face reality and go to war to stop unfriendly and unpredictable rogue states like North Korea, or Iran, from developing nuclear weapons with the capability of destroying whole American cities and the lives of millions of Americans?

Remember, 30 years of negotiations and sanctions have failed with North Korea, just like the recent deal with Iran will ultimately fail, and now North Korea is on the verge of accomplishing their goal of becoming a feared nuclear threat to American cities and the lives of the millions of Americans who live in those cities. We have allowed them to back us into a nuclear corner and now we are at a point where we have no choice but to act militarily because North Korea will either use their nuclear weapons on us or South Korea sooner rather than later, and/or pass nuclear weapons on to Islamic terrorists and other 3rd world countries hostile to us and our allies, to be used on us.

After 30 years of American restraint (stupidity is a better word here for me), with nothing to show for it except a nuclear North Korea, the time for a peaceful solution to this dangerous North Korean problem has definitely and finally run out. And if we keep dickering around with them and others about it, our only accomplishment will be to sacrifice the lives of even more Americans and their families. I honestly think the time has come for all of us to get real here and come together and recognize the imminent nuclear threat we now face from North Korea and all agree that our government, hopefully aided by our allies, should at this late date do whatever it takes militarily to stop the development and the deployment and the proliferation of North Korea's nuclear weapons to other American hating groups and countries. Because if we don't we will wake up one morning in the not too distant future to find that American cities like say LA or Dallas or New York..... or ALL of them and their people no longer exist because we as a people weren't willing to suck it up and do the only thing we could have and should have done that would have protected them....

So I say we have no choice now but to go to war. And I also say never again should we and our allies let any country hostile to us and our values ever develop nuclear weapons which can be used against us or our allies, or can be sold to or passed on to other groups and countries that hate us, like we're stupidly and dangerously letting North Korea do..... :smack: What say you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2010 Deer Contest

Post #2  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:34 pm 
I hate the thought of this war but you are correct, not much to add to your post.
I wish there was some other way but after decades of doing the same old thing the hole keeps getting deeper and deeper. It is just a matter of time before this whacko makes good on his threats. I am confident our military is ready and can knock out all of their facilities rather quickly. The company I work for is based in Seoul and I cant imagine what it is like to live there with this maniac right across the border. We have to send an engineer there for a few weeks and glad it is not me. A couple of the young guys are chomping at the bit to go on this trip, well they can have it.

Offline Profile  

Sponsor

Tony Malone's Taxidermy Studio

Winning Team
2010 Deer Contest
Winner
2010 Best Rub Contest
WINNER
2011 "Tiniest Tines" Award

Highscores: 13
Post #3  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:55 pm 
This situation is scary!

I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Sports Forum

Judge
2011 Best Rub Contest

Post #4  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:37 pm 
You can't negotiate with Insanity!!

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #5  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:03 am 
I totally agree, those poor folks in the north have been without KFC and McDonald's for way to long :duck:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #6  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:57 am 
I guess its human nature, a trait that may very well be the downfall of our existence one day. I just find it hard that after thousands and thousands of years we still must resort to violence to settle our disputes, our differences. I know this is kind of like the kettle calling the pot black I have had more than my share of bar fights and fisttacuffs back in school but I would hope that I was wiser now. I have gotten much wiser in the last 30 years, why cannot man in the last 30,000? I also find it hard to believe that here we have an actual dispute that is not about religion. And I don't miss the irony in this that it may come to a limited nuke strike, we can't trust you not to launch a nuke so we may have to launch a nuke at you. My gosh. :no:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #7  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:29 pm 
I'm thinkin' and hopin' that we'd never launch a nuke at a small country of 25 million people like North Korea because I think we have powerful enough conventional weapons to eliminate their present and future threat without having to revert to nuclear weapons. Just one of our submarines carries 200 missiles which by itself can blanket and destroy that small countries military infrastructure. They look tough on TV and their words are boisterous but they are a small dirt poor underdeveloped country propped up by China, and probably Iran, and so far are said have no more than a very few small untested nuclear weapons.

But in spite of the rhetoric comin' from both sides now, there probably won't be any military action by the US unless North Korea fires first. I'm guessin' either us or China will probably first attempt to take Kim Jong-un and his small circle out before allowing them to launch a nuclear weapon at anybody and not take the chance of lettin' them start a widespread nuclear war that could lead to hundreds of thousands if not millions of casualties spread out across several countries.

But whatever the case and by whatever way, the nuclear threat posed by North Korea and the future nuclear threat posed by Iran has to be eliminated in their infancy and not left to grow and fester until the whole world finds itself in the middle of a nuclear holocaust...

For those countries who can stop it to allow any small unpredictable and belligerent country that places no value on human life, not even their own, to develop weapons that can destroy a big part if not all of the world is simply not an option if civilization as we know it is to long survive in this dangerous world that mankind has unfortunately created for ourselves and for future generations...

Offline Profile  

Winner
07 Tiny Tines Award

Post #8  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:19 pm 
Just drop one of those Mother of all Bombs. That should leave a hole where North Korea used to be.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Sports Forum

Judge
2011 Best Rub Contest

Post #9  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:42 pm 
They can't say they weren't warned!! Not sure it should have been put the way it was, however if they launch a nuke ...we have too...plus we don't need another Vietnam or Iraqi war. Just be done with it!!

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #10  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:31 am 
I like Trumps response. It sounds scary because we aren't used to hearing that kind of talk comin' from that office. But all the diplomatic speak that came from it the last 30 years never worked on NK. We have wrongly for 30 years attempted the impossible task of tryin' to talk sense into street bullies who talk loud and boisterous as a way to make the world think they're tough. And all that's happened over all those years is they've played us for the suckers we've been...just like Iran is now playin' us for the suckers we are over their nuclear program. If we had looked NK in the eye years ago and challenged or bitch slapped them instead of just tryin' to talk to them and buy them off, they wouldn't have nuclear weapons and the world would be a much safer place today.

But although I think he's got the right message for NK I'm also havin' honest doubts about Trump's motives and his personal toughness to carry through on that message. Not convinced yet that he's viewing his spit spat with NK and Kim Jong Un any differently than he views a feud with a Senator or the media, or anybody else that he downtalks, which all seems nothin' more to him than a game of one upsmanship. But then I guess we'll all find out in the short weeks or months to come whether he's truly tough and good for America at a time when we and the world need someone tough leadin' America, or whether he's just another Johnny come lately loud and boisterous street bully tryin' to make the world think he's tough too....... :shrug:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #11  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:11 am 
It's being reported that North Korea tested a Hydrogen bomb yesterday.

So why are we and the rest of the world still just sittin' around talkin' about more usless talk while that rogue country comes closer and closer to bein' capable of killing millions of people at a time, if they aren't already at that point?

Will people die if we act? Yes, and possibly a lot of them. But we take the real chance that millions more will die if we don't act. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do to survive, whether we want to or not. And this is one of those times. We've already wimped out on so many fronts the last 8 or 9 years that nobody, and I mean nobody, has any respect for our military power anymore because we have become too divided and too soft and too liberal to use it. Our military and our willingness to use it to stop the bad people kept the world a safer place for a lot of years. But now communist China is on a fast track to taking over half the world where we used to have influence, and we are letting them do it which in no way will end up bein' a good thing for the free world. Russia is on the rise again and taking over parts of the world where we once welded influence. And we are letting them. We have emboldened the bad characters in this world with our divided partisan domestic politics and our fake red lines and it's finally come to the point thanks to North Korea that if we and our allies don't step up and re-regain our lost military respect and influence around the world, we will end up living our lives trembling under the thumbs of nuclear countries like China and Russia and North Korea and Iran, not to mention terrorist groups who will be able to easily acquire small dirty nuclear devises from some of these countries capable of killin' hundreds of thousands if not millions of people in cities all over our country and the world.

Win or lose we have no choice but to act and act now because more talk and more hesitation and more phony red lines will only lead to the uncontested deaths of millions of Americans and our allies, and result in the bad guys finally takin' over the world and the daily lives of millions upon millions of priorly free people everywhere.

It's really amazin' in the annuals of history and should serve as a wake up call to every American with any brain whatsoever how our politics over the last 9 short years has emboldened the bad guys and put us in so much more danger from China and Russia, and how our politics over the last 25 or 30 years under both major parties is allowin' North Korea to become a viable nuclear threat to our very survival....

Unmatched stupidity in the history of the world would be an understatement when describin' this dangerous mess we've allowed ourselves and the world to get into in such a short period of time... :smack:

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Winning Team
2010,12,17 Deer Contest
Winner
2012 Best Rub Contest
Muzzleloader
2012 Biggest Deer
Archery
2017 Biggest Deer

Post #12  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:20 pm 
NK is certainly pushing buttons. My problem of taking military action after he has supposedly developed nuclear warheads and now guided missiles which possibly could reach America is somewhat problematic in a huge way. The theory of we have to strike now to save more people is speculation. And I say that because right now we are not 100% sure how Russia or China will react. We could go in and strike and all hell could break loose from Russia to China and Iran. We could create WW3. I do not think if we strike first, all these other countries are just going to sit idly by and not take their shots while we are focused in one area. We should have done something way back before they got nukes when it was first reported. NK is simply a small country with possibly a few unguided nuclear missiles. They want to be a big dog with the bite of a poodle. The problem is not NK, the problem is China and Russia. Sure we could wipe NK off the map, but our allies SK, Japan, and US states and territories could take the sole brunt of attacks from NK. And that is not even considering if Russia or China decides to partake in helping NK.

Now that is the opposing view of the theory we must strike them to save people. I would like for you place yourself living across the DMZ. You know for a fact, SK with millions of innocent lives will be killed. Your whole family and generations of families will be wiped out. If you lived right there would you be so willing to jump on the ship for the first attack. SK has lived with crazy dictators across the line over 60 something years. The US certainly has some skin in the game but not nearly as much as those nations. Sure I understand he's developing to reach us, I get that. But it's one thing to be attacked and defend yourself, than attack because you predict you're going to be attacked at some point. It's a tough call. We have the capabilities of defending missile attacks. Striking first could be a very deadly call for millions of people. I have always found the American people supported war only after provocation first. Rattling cages and lobbing missiles in my mind is worrisome, but not enough for action.

I don't know, this is just some opposing views on the other side. As long as the barking dog stays in his fence, I'm OK. If he gets out and bites me, then all bets are off.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #13  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:48 pm 
You're right Lee. If I was a South Korean I wouldn't want war with NK under the circumstances right now. But I'm not South Korean. I'm an American and my family is American and I'm not gonna let my feeling for South Koreans, or Japanese, put American families in danger or get in my way of tryin' to convince our government to do whatever it takes to protect American families and cities. We will be beyond stupid as a country if we sit idly by and let an unpredictable and hostile rogue nation like NK keep developing bigger and better nuclear weapons. The danger is simply too great they will arm Iran with nuclear weapons and give every terrorist in the world access to small and deadly nuclear devices to be used in cities all across our country and Europe.

Russia and China will stay out of this one, and I'm bettin' we're talkin' to them about that right now, because they, like us, still live under the nuclear doctrine of Mutual Assured Destruction. Our conventional military capability totally dwarfs that of theirs combined, so they won't be in any big hurry to try to protect a rogue nuclear nation they both share a border with, especially if we guarantee them that our goal is not nation building on their borders. Besides, they know we will be doing them a favor when we denuclearize North Korea. Plus I suspect that under the circumstances they both would be pre-briefed on every military move we make in that area if they stand down.

Nobody in their right mind wants war. But when it becomes necessary to protect American lives from known threats or from acts of war we simply have to suck it up as a people and put our big boy panties on and use the power of our military to do whatever it takes to protect ourselves, like we should have done with NK years ago. We can't afford to just sit here any longer in today's already dangerous world and let NK's nuclear ambitions make the world a whole lot more dangerous than it already is. I don't want untold numbers of American families to die some day soon in shopping centers or churches or school houses from the explosions of small North Korean made nuclear devices planted by terrorists because our government wouldn't protect us when they could have because they were afraid if they had there would have been too many foreign casualties... :th_smilie_help.gif:

There is only one permanent solution to today's North Korean problem. And that's a military solution. Like UN Ambassador Haley said the other day, time has run out and we can't afford to kick the can any farther down the road. And I agree with her.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #14  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:57 am 
Japan has begun pulling its people out of South Korea, bringing them back home in anticipation of a conflict. For all the good it will do, I believe they are just as at risk in Japan as is S.Korea. Who knows where this is going, there is talk of shooting down the next test missile and seeing where it will go from there. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail but even if N.Korea comes to the table there is no garuntee of the future and them keeping nukes out of terrorist hands. There may be but one solution and God bless all those that get caught up in it over there. A defense system is just not practical, they say the North could launch 50,000 missiles, not nukes but conventional missiles in a few minutes, you can't shoot down 50,000 missiles. I have never believed in pre-emptive strikes, its like shooting the guy down the street because you fear he may one day shoot you at the gas pumps or something. But like firehog once he pulls out his gun at the pumps, all bets are off.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #15  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:41 am 
Gallup came out with a poll this mornin' showin' 58% of Americans would support military action against North Korea if other efforts to eliminate their nuclear threat fails.

82% of Republicans in the poll support military action versus only 37% of Democrats.

No surprise there for me... The only sign of toughness Democrats ever show anymore is their unwaverin' support for masked black clad thugs who destroy public and private property and physically, vocally, and violently attack any and all Americans who disagree with them.... :censored:

Poll article:
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... allup-poll

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Weather Forum

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
2015 Deer Contest
Winner
2014 Best Rub Contest

Highscores: 2
Post #16  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:19 pm 
What bothers me more than anything. Which ever is not in control of Presidential office. Will support their agenda before putting country first..

Online Profile  

Forum Leader
Sports Forum

Judge
2011 Best Rub Contest

Post #17  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:06 pm 
This shouldn't be a U.S. decision, but rather NATO, We do not want another World War!!!

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #18  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:08 am 
Soon now, the indictments are coming from the Russian investigation. The distraction will be played out.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Sports Forum

Judge
2011 Best Rub Contest

Post #19  Post subject: Re: I say we have no choice now but War!!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:48 pm 
:hesaid: We know there was "collusion" ......I heard some of it during the debates, Trump said if Russia had any of Clinton's "erased" emails, to please let him know.....I couldn't believe what I was hearing, really??? Asking a Communist country to supply info on an opponent ..... Unheard of!!

Offline Profile