Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #21  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:02 am 
:laughsmile: :laughsmile: that might work.

Your gonna hate this one, I talked to my brother again. It was a mistake I seen a missed call in my cell phone from him so I called him back. he said no he didn't call must have been a butt call, meaning he sat on his phone :happy0035: he had his last chemo treatment and was tired, he's depressed because he's started losing weight after going 8 weeks through chemo staying strong and at the same weight, had his doctors impressed but he says now the weight is falling off. Not good. They have made great strides in some cancer treatments but Lung cancer is not one of them. Anywho told him about the standing not standing thread, he still supports those that kneel, he told me if people want to live in a country where you must stand for the anthem they would be better off moving to North Korea, they all stand there and salute or you get locked up and re-educated. If your lucky. :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #22  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:16 am 
There's absolutely no comparison to what's happening here and what would be happening in North Korea because it's not our government that's upset with this handful of Americans nonchalantly showing disrespect for our country on national and international TV, it's we the people who are upset. Big difference and says volumes about the high level of pride and respect most American's still have for the symbols that bind us together as a people. We don't need a government nor a dictator to force us to respect our flag and our national anthem because they represent us and our country not our government. Anybody got a beef with the government then go protest the government and I'll bet a lot of people would be proudly standing there beside you. But show disrespect and contempt for our flag and anthem in your protest and your original issue will always without fail get buried and lost in conversation by the majority of we the people about your public disrepect and contempt for our country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #23  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:16 am 
I was glad to hear Jerry Jones' comments concerning the Cowboys standing for the anthem when on his nickle. But I read an interview this morning with his coach Jason Garrett and Mr. Garrett didn't sound like he was on the same page with Jones. He sounded like he was more interested in supporting their "football family" than he was in making sure their football family respected our flag and anthem while on Mr. Jones nickle.. So if I were Mr. Jones, who pays Mr. Garrett and the football family's salaries, I'd ask Mr Garrett to move on and find myself a coach who was on my page. Then when the contract of any disrespectful football player from their "football family" had expired I wouldn't renew it, even though I'd be willing to support that same ex-player in a future protest as long as the protest was peaceful and didn't disrepect our country or anyone who serves or has served our country....

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #24  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:46 am 
There's not many more baseball apple pie and hot dogs than me. I have attended 100s of sporting events and always stood with my hand over my heart during the pregame anthem. Always will. I believe in God, Family, Country and our Constitution and never would have thought in all my days that I wouldn't be welcome at a Hunting/ Fishing site because I strongly believe in the protections afforded us by our Constitution and recognize peoples right to peaceful protest that doesn't infringe on others constitutional rights. Sometimes peaceful protests are the only way to achieve positive change, no matter how painful those protests might be to those that don't believe in their cause. It is why our founding fathers placed it first in that great document, without the 1st the rest would crumble. There are granted unwritten exceptions, you can't yell Fire!!! in a theatre, that is inciting a riot and people may be harmed. But sitting peacefully, quietly, infringing on nobody is and always will be acceptable. They are not blocking traffic, they are not preventing you from your pursuit of life, liberty, or happiness. Kimberly Jean Davis, a county clerk, would not issue marriage licenses, as ordered by the court because she didn't believe in it. That was a form of protest, on the clock, at work. That order was issued by a court, and next to that judges seat in that court flies our Stars and Stripes and I never heard anybody here calling for her fireing. She disrespected the court, the judge, the ruling and our Flag. It was not her right to do so, because her protests infringed on others rights, and not a word was uttered. There's a word for that.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #25  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:22 am 
You assume too much Hip. You say they are not blocking traffic, they are not preventing us from our pursuit of life, liberty, or happiness so their protest is OK. But it's not OK Hip because whether intended or not they are disrespecting their and our anthem and flag, the very things that represent our country and our patriotism, and that will never be OK to the majority of Americans. You also keep saying we're trying to deny them their rights. And I keep saying that's just not true no matter how many times you accuse us of it. We, including a whole lot of liberals, are simply exercising ours. Like you, the vast majority of Americans, despite their political leanings, do indeed strongly believe in the protections afforded us by our Constitution and recognize peoples right to peaceful protest that doesn't infringe on others constitutional rights. They, including me, recognize that right even when protesters disrespect our flag and country during their protest like is happening today in the NFL. We simply strongly oppose the venue these protesters chose to conduct their protest, which is our right.

These protesters happen to be majority black so today's divisive liberals jump at the chance to use the race and victim card as a reason why people oppose their protest. But those cards have become old hat from liberals and have come to be expected to be thrown around by them anytime a black person is involved in anything. But the majority of Americans know that all the race and victim cards do when used with almost every breath, like they are being used these days, is keep us divided as a country and never advances anybody's cause, but rather can take it backwards. Those players and the NFL simply miscalculated the amount of patriotism that still exists within all races and all political persuasions across the breadth of this politically divided country. In fact, I read a poll in the news I think it was yesterday, that said more liberals than conservatives are involved in the protest against the NFL and it's owners and players.

Kimberly Jean Davis, the county clerk you speak of didn't disrespect our country. Her protest was based on civil disobedience to our government and her cause nor the gays cause ever got buried in the controversy like the NFL's cause has been completely buried because of the anti American protest venue they chose. And I truly hope you don't think disrespecting our fag and anthem in such a public forum isn't anti American in the sense that most Americans wouldn't do it and instead oppose it.

I put the disclaimer on the Forum because liberals and their actions have made me come to the realization they have become a danger to American democracy and our traditional American values, which history tells us are based on Judaeo-Christian doctrine. Liberals have finally taken America way beyond simple political opposition and at this very moment there are liberals somewhere in this country either financing, supporting, or planning polictical street violence while others are either supporting or tryin their dead level best to score a coup in other ways besides at the ballot box on a democratically elected American President. But even with Hollywood, the liberal media, TV networks, and Antifa in their tool box, they won't succeed because the one tool they need above all others to be successful but don't have is the support of the majority of the American people. And they'll never get that support on the anti-democracy, anti-American values road they have chosen to take.

But still, when the NFL and it's owners and players come to their senses and stop disrespecting our anthem and flag and stop treating them like nothing more than political ploys to be used any way they choose, I'll remove the disclaimer from the Forum but not a minute sooner. But I'll never change my personal view of today's liberals unless they do a turn around and decide to again accept long held American values and quit trying to usurp our democracy and quit trying to keep our country divided with the race and victim cards.

If today's liberals would get back on the same page as the majority of Americans are on then no matter who our President is I think the American people would finally be ready to address and stop any and all injustices that still occur in our democracy within every race. But unless that unity happens we'll only get more division like we're gettin' now out of these NFL protests and nobody's issues will ever be successfully addressed without another civil war to nail down who we really are... .

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Trail Cam Images and Info

Winning Team
2012 Deer Contest
2013 Co-Winner
ML - High Scoring Deer
Winner
2015 Highest Scoring Deer
2016 Tiniest Tines Award

Post #26  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:41 pm 
I still say it boils down to this, they have the right to protest anything they like, on their own time. If I had employees doing this sort of thing on company time I'd warn them at the beginning of the first time and fire them on the spot if they continued it or did it again. The pre-game TV time the NFL protesters are using is company time and since they keep doing it, it means the owners, by their silence or approval, have approved the actions. The NFL brass and owners can't have it both ways on this, they can't look the other way or participate in the protests with the players and then say they don't agree with the players, but can't stop them because of the 1st amendment. The NFL has stopped players from wearing logo's, patches and all sorts of displays of support for police, cancer patients, fallen soldiers and more in the name of NFL policy, if they could do it then on those things, they could do it now. The NFL rules state "all players will be on the side line for the playing of the anthem and should place their hands over their hearts." Now the "should" might give a little wiggle room, but the "will be on the sidelines standing does not." All straddling of the fence by the owners and brass has given them a sore crotch. Until they all stand at attention and place their right hand over their hearts during the pregame anthem, I will not watch another NFL game, period, and I mean every single coach, player, trainer and anyone else on the sidelines at the time. Hiding in the locker room won't cut it either.

According to one metric of ticket sales, the NFL is taking a beating, and some say it’s because of the protests during the national anthem. 
How much are ticket sales dropping?
TickPick, a seat ticket reseller, says that they’re seeing a drop in ticket sales of 17.9 percent. Another ticket reseller, TicketCity, says sales have plummeted by 31 percent.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozania ... c47e58226c

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
The Chuck Wagon

Highscores: 4
Post #27  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:17 am 

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #28  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 am 
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :thumbup: