Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #1  Post subject: Is Fox News Joining the Anti-Trump media????
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 am 
Here's a headline Fox ran with yesterday:

Trump: I really believe' Putin when he told me face-to-face 'I didn't meddle' in elections

Here's what CNN scrolled across the bottom of their page most of yesterday:

[i]Trump Believes Putin[/i]

And similar headlines were run on most other mainstream media.

But here's what Trump actually said according to the transcript of a conversation he had with journalists on Air Force One:

“Every time he sees me he says ‘I didn’t do that,’ and I really believe, that when he tells me that he means it,” Trump replied adding, “I think he is very insulted by it ... which is not a good thing for our country.”

In fact, when he was asked point blank, “Do you believe him?” Trump responded, “Well, look, I can’t stand there and argue with him, I would rather have him get out of Syria, to be honest with you.”

To me that sounds smarter and more Presidential than some of the other recent establishment Presidents we've had from either side of the isle. It even sounds Reaganistic to me...

Yet John McCain, a liberal who hides underneath a conservatives coat afraid to come out of the closet in his home state, even came out and said:

“There’s nothing ‘America First’ about taking the word of a KGB colonel over that of the American intelligence community.”

So naturally Trump defended himself and came back and said:

“I’m with our agencies” and “what (Putin) believes is what he believes, what I believe is we have to get to work.”

This holier than thou and dangerous media stuff didn't start with Trump, it only accelerated when he took office. Media bias started the best I can remember now when they started bringing all the dead bodies and destruction of the Vietnam war into America's living rooms 7 nights a week when families were gathered around their TV's to watch one of only 3 major TV networks, which eventually succeeded in turnin' Americans against that war and directly led to the deaths of thousands more American service men than necessary because the Pentagon's hands were then tied by politicians whose only concern turned out to be politics and our military wasn't allowed to do whatever it took to win, yet were kept on the battlefield in defensive positions absorbing casualties. Then daily media bias against the war was finally successful in forcing American troops to tuck tail and run while helping brand them as murderers and causing Americans to shun them and even spit on them when they finally came home, except for those the media helped send home in body bags...

The media learned during that war that with live TV and video piped into the homes of Americans 7 nights a week they had more power than they ever thought possible.They then began using that newly found power in earnest when they smelled blood in the Watergate scandal that rightly drove Nixon from office, yet they turned right around a few years later and helped save the presidency of the darling of liberal democrats Bill Clinton. But through the years after the Vietnam war as liberal voices across the country and in politics grew louder, the media's obvious leaning to the left became more open and rebellious causing the voices of their liberal supporters to become even louder to the point they both are now on a mission to remove a democratically elected President simply because they don't like and disagree with him...

I came up in at a time when the media was proud of the fact they showed no bias, they would even compete to try to be the less biased of the bunch. It was a time when most all Americans were proud of them and could depend on what they told us. They weren't out then to lose a war at any cost simply because they disagreed with it, or remove a President because they didn't like him and in the process destroy our democracy, or change our long held moral and traditional values, rather they helped enforce those values. And they never made up fake news and misleading headlines on purpose day after day after day like they do today, until Vietnam came along. But since then they have morphed from being the voice of the people, our watchdog of democracy, into being the enemy of democracy except of course to those who also have been turned into democracy hatin' liberals by the media or either have been brainwashed into becomin' one in our liberal dominated anti democracy education system.

Hip asked in another post in another thread where can we get our news from today? The answer to that from my point of view is there really isn't any main street media anymore who we can 100% trust our democracy to, especially the liberal media or any of it's supporters when their stated goal is to obstruct and destroy it while destroying anyone or any long held American value that gets in their way. But I've been around long enough now to know without having to depend on the media to tell me what's good for America and what's not. We can listen to what the media has to say but then we should go with our gut feelings and not be overly influenced by online, print, or TV news when we go to the polls. What we can't do is let our gut feelings and beliefs be based on what "they" want us to believe. We have to fall back on what we were brought up believin', and what we believe deep within our souls today what's right or wrong and what's best for our families and our country.

So I will oppose anti-democracy, anti-traditional American values, and anti-American history liberal media outlets and their supporters until my dyin' breath, and in any way I can... And now the conservative media outlet Fox news with the beginnings of misleading headlines like the one above is also comin' into question in my mind because there's absolutely nothing at all fair and balanced about those kinds of headlines no matter who runs them.... :smack:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Is Fox News Joining the Anti-Trump media????
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:04 pm 
Not from Fox, just another misleading headline from all the liberal media outlets I checked:

US Nuclear General Says He Would Resist 'Illegal' Trump Strike Order

Making it sound like he would disobey the order only from Trump when the truth is he is trained to ignore such an order by any President not just Trump. He said running through scenarios of how to react in the event of an illegal order was standard practice, and added: “If you execute an unlawful order, you will go to jail. You could go to jail for the rest of your life.”

It boggles my mind why the liberal media and their supporters are so dead set on destroyin' our democracy that they'd take the real chance of destroyin' themselves in a civil war... :scratch: :shrug:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Is Fox News Joining the Anti-Trump media????
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 am 
I tracked down a couple of those articles. Its not really news like you say, that's just standard practice. But I did find some news at the end of the articles that over shadow the articles about strike orders imo.

"Some senators want legislation to alter the nuclear authority of the U.S. president and a Senate committee on Tuesday held the first congressional hearing in more than four decades on the president's authority to launch a nuclear strike."

Now that's news....wish they would name the Senators, I just wonder if its a mix of both parties or just a few Lib Dems. Who sets up these committees? Do four or five senators just get together and say were a committee lets discuss this? Or would that be part of the Armed Service Committee? Is there still such a thing? Would the Chairman of the Armed Service Committee appoint this other committee members? Prying minds want to know :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Is Fox News Joining the Anti-Trump media????
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 pm 
That committee is the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee chaired by Republican Senator Bob Corker, one of several Senators who are feudin' with Trump and who announced a few weeks ago he's not gonna run for re-election. This review of Trumps nuclear authority, an authority that has been in place for all all presidents the last 40 years or so may or may not need to be looked at, but Corkers reason for lookin' into it I'm guessin' is strictly personal and not political.....

Offline Profile