Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #21  Post subject: Re: Arkansas CWD Phase 2 Maps
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:26 am 
Was hopin' G&F would release a weekly updated Phase 2 statewide map but it hasn't happened. Wonder if they are still submittin' samples to be tested? They reported 62 positives in a news release on April 25, then in another news release on May 6 they reported 82 positives, up 20. But they released no map or breakdown showin' how many samples have been submitted since April 25 and where those 20 new positives came from.... Granted they've reported only 4 counties with positives but I think we deserve to know how many samples they are submitting each week and their results, plus where in what counties those samples and any positives are comin' from. Wonderin' if any more positives have been found along the Arkansas River in Pope County or North between the river and the Newton County line? Are enough samples bein' taken just south of the known Arkansas River positive to determine if it's crossed the river into Yell or Logan Counties yet? Keeping the public completely up to date on at least a regular weekly basis isn't rocket science. Anyone or any agency can do it. All it takes is the desire to do so.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #22  Post subject: Re: Arkansas CWD Phase 2 Maps
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:13 pm 
Reports are that Carroll County is now on the CWD positive list from a road kill near Alpena. Once again I have in the past seen elk near Alpena. I have to wonder how long before AGFC admits to the connection to where elk roam or have roamed and the CWD positive deer. Just as with the Pope County positive I have seen elk, on several occasions, only 4 miles from where the Pope County positive was located.

It is time to begin a new focal area down here and to sample elk all over the outlying elk groups. IMO

Online Profile  

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #23  Post subject: Re: Arkansas CWD Phase 2 Maps
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:51 pm 
With this discovery I am essentially surrounded by CWD. I have personally seen elk less than one mile from Alpena in the past. Seems to be too much coincidence between ranging elk and CWD to be simply a chance happening. Yes we need more focal areas to help determine spread and prevalence. As WW said in another post the time is now...delaying assists in the spread of this disease.

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #24  Post subject: Re: Arkansas CWD Phase 2 Maps
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:23 pm 
When are we going to get some good news? It is already a lot worse than I thought it could be. Just draw a circle to connect the positive test. That is a big area and like said above elk country.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #25  Post subject: Re: Arkansas CWD Phase 2 Maps
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:51 pm 
:hesaid: I would like some good news too. I don't know where it will come from though. :shrug:

Online Profile  

Forum Leader
Weather Forum

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
2015 Deer Contest
Winner
2014 Best Rub Contest

Highscores: 2
Post #26  Post subject: Re: Arkansas CWD Phase 2 Maps
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:45 pm 
Just maybe what the posts above have determined to be. The AGFC have figured that out too. There fore they do not wish to share any more knowledge for fear of what might come about.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #27  Post subject: Re: Arkansas CWD Phase 2 Maps
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:06 pm 
Arkansas Positives
May 19, 2016

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online Profile