Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #1  Post subject: G&F CWD Public Meetings Schedule
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:12 am 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G&F CWD Public Meetings Schedule

The locations and times of Public CWD Meetings will be posted throughout the posts below as the information becomes available.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb. 26, 2016

3 CWD public meetings scheduled for next week

LITTLE ROCK – As part of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission’s chronic wasting disease public information outreach efforts, three meetings have been scheduled for north Arkansas. The three meetings will be held in Jasper, Marshall and Harrison.

An elk harvested near Pruitt on the Buffalo National River during the October 2015 hunting season recently tested positive for the disease. This is the first time an animal in Arkansas has tested positive for the disease, which is fatal to elk and white-tailed deer.

The first meeting will be held in Jasper on Monday, Feb. 29. The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at the Carroll Electric Co-op, 511 E. Court St.

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 1 at the Petit Jean Electric Cooperative, 672 Airport Rd. in Marshall. This meeting will begin at 6 p.m.

The third meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 3 in Harrison at the North Arkansas College Durand Center, Room B at 303 North Main St. This meeting also will begin at 6 p.m.

The AGFC has a great deal of CWD information available on its web site at http://www.agfc.com/cwd.

More meetings are listed throughout posts below

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #2  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:27 am 
Just a reminder that the last of 3 public CWD meetings this week will be at 6 pm tonight in Harrison. I really hope it draws a crowd of hunters and landowners in and around the infected area who are willing to get involved and not just engage in shoutin' and finger pointin' when they could instead play an important roll in initial efforts to try to contain and slow the spread of CWD here in Arkansas.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #3  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:47 pm 
I was told the Marshall meeting was somewhat low key and not that many people showed up. I have a friend going to the Harrison meeting tonight. I will get his perspective later. The other meetings can be watched on You Tube I am told but I have decided to steer clear. Not because I don't care but because I am having a difficult time not injecting myself into this problem and I have made myself a promise to mind my own business on this problem until it starts getting close to home. I know what is planned and what will likely happen. I am waiting for some test results to come back so I can see what is going on.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Weather Forum

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
2015 Deer Contest
Winner
2014 Best Rub Contest

Highscores: 2
Post #4  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:32 pm 
So what are you thinking twodog? Are you thinking they are going to take the cheap way out and test a couple and then kill a lot and then leave it alone? Too save cost.

Online Profile  

Admin

Post #5  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:44 pm 
twodog wrote:
I was told the Marshall meeting was somewhat low key and not that many people showed up.
I posted then watched the Marshall meeting here on the Forum yesterday. The room they held the meeting in wasn't all that big but it was full. It was a civil and informative meeting with the public asking what appeared to me to be well thought out questions, with only one conspiracy theory thrown out by a G&F customer that maybe someone who hated elk dumped an out of state CWD deer as a way to infect and get rid of the elk herd.

I suspect that because of the population difference the meeting in Harrison tonight will draw the largest and most "lively" crowd.... :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #6  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:15 pm 
G&F will live stream the Harrison meeting on their website tonight at 6:00pm then I'll post a video of it here on the Forum as soon as I can thereafter.

But to view the meeting as it happens tonight, go to www.agfc.com and click on the “Live Feed” banner at the top of the page. Then come back to the Forum and let us hear your comments about it.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #7  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:06 pm 
Well I tried to watch. Between my not the fastest internet and technical difficulties it was a stretch to say it was live feed. Right now they are back at the start. When it got to questions and answers technical difficulties shut down the live feed for extended periods. I gave up. I also heard nor saw anything new to me.

Shooting will start a few days later than planned due to problems obtaining freezers.

Other than that nothing I can think of that has not already been reported.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #8  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:08 pm 
I also gave up tryin' to watch tonight's live feed. Was gettin' more buffering than meeting... :smack: Will post the video later here on the Forum if I can locate a good copy.......

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #9  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:38 pm 
I got a call from my buddy that went to the Harrison meeting. It all played out about like I had been telling him. A very low key meeting and he said maybe 50-60 people showed and there were empty seats. It was a coverage of the response plan and how that was adapted and updated and then they were told what was going to happen in the near future. Nothing really new came out over what is in this thread.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #10  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:58 pm 
I watched the Marshall meeting the other night after I posted it here on the Forum and I watched what I could of the poorly live streamed Harrison Meeting last night. And those 2 meetings as far as I could tell were mirror images of each other as far as official info is concerned, which is understandable at this early stage.

The Marshall meeting included some well thought out questions from the public which in turn garnered seemingly honest and informative responses from the CWD panel. But the live stream feed of the Harrison Meeting last night was unfortunately of such poor quality that the questions from the audience and the related answers from the CWD panel were unintelligible, at least they were on my computer.....

But overall, even though it's early in the process and I'm not privy to any inside info, I was impressed with G&F's public presentation at the meetings and their stated short term plans. And I was even more impressed with what I believe was their honest answers to the public.

Dang, I can't believe I just heaped praise on a bunch of antler farmers. Must be slippin' in my old age... :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #11  Post subject: Re: G&F Schedules Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:31 pm 
:hesaid: :surp: Get the room ready at the "home"

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #12  Post subject: Re: G&F Public Meetings Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:11 pm 
Weekly CWD Update Meetings during sampling phase:

Dates: March 10, 18, 24, 31 April 7
Times: 11:00 am

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #13  Post subject: Re: G&F Public Meetings Schedule Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:57 am 
CWD MEETINGS AT PONCA AND HUNTSVILLE

The commission will hold two public meetings this week in Ponca and Huntsville to talk about its chronic wasting disease sampling strategies. The Ponca meeting will be at 6 p.m. today March 10 at the Ponca fire station.

The Huntsville meeting will be at 6 p.m. Friday March 11 in the Carroll Electric Building at 5056 U.S.-412B.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #14  Post subject: Re: G&F Public Meetings Schedule Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:21 am 
I can't find any kind of article or G&F news release telling us what went on at the CWD Meeting in Ponca Thursday night. Anybody else have that info or know where we can see it? I thought sure G&F would release a summary or video of that meeting yesterday. And they may have and I just can't locate it. I did read in an online newspaper article where they put the sample testing on hold until next week because of the rain, so they may also have canceled the Ponca and Huntsville public meetings. But so far I haven't been able to locate any info concernin' any of this stuff. So somebody help me out here... :thumbup:

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #15  Post subject: Re: G&F Public Meetings Schedule Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 am 
I checked the AGFC You Tube channel but nothing about the Ponca meeting last night. I guess I will go look again.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #16  Post subject: Re: G&F Public Meetings Schedule Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:46 am 
Nothing new I just looked.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #17  Post subject: Re: G&F Public Meetings Schedule Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:49 am 
Maybe they will update the website after 8 this morning. Then again it is Friday and the mass exodus from LR starts soon and everyone will be trying to get out of town ASAP

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #18  Post subject: Re: G&F Public Meetings Schedule Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:58 am 
My bad on last night's meeting. I woke up this mornin' thinkin' it was Saturday already... :smack:

I'm anxious to find out if they released any new info last night explaining in scientific detail why their original plans are startin' to change. I'm really hopeful they relayed an already proven scientific reason at the meeting that validates their recent decision to let far rangin' infected elk continue to roam the land other than they just don't wanna kill any elk out of their small elk herd until they look sick. The science may be in that statement someplace and if it is it needs to be referenced then spelled out in layman's terms for stakeholders like me who don't see any containment science in it.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #19  Post subject: Re: G&F Public Meetings Schedule Regarding CWD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:11 pm 
I found out G&F couldn’t get a signal out of the Boxley Valley last night so they couldn't live stream the Ponca meeting. But they plan to put a video of the meeting up as soon as possible, may be Monday though. Don't know if they plan to try to live stream tonight's meeting in Huntsville or not.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #20  Post subject: Re: G&F CWD Public Meetings Schedule
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:51 pm 
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission

May 19 Public Update Meeting Scheduled

To keep the public informed on the status of CWD in Arkansas, a May 19 public meeting has been scheduled at the Carroll Electric Co-op building in Jasper. The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. The agenda for the meeting includes providing updated CWD results and potential regulation proposals specific to CWD management.

Offline Profile