Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Post #1  Post subject: Tac lights
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:21 pm 
Does anyone use any of these products, Tac light flashlight, lantern, etc. advertised on TV and sold in WalMart for $20 dollars? Are they any good? Or just cheap bs.

Richard

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Tac lights
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:37 pm 
I saw an online review of them and the ads are exaggerated somewhat. Also the exact same light can be bought for less at I think Wal Mart or Dollar General. I cannot recall exactly where the guy said because I was just watching not buying.

Online Profile  

Winner
07 Tiny Tines Award

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Tac lights
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:39 pm 
I have one of the Bell and Howell flashlights. They are awesome. I got mine at Wal-mart for $14.88. The zoom works well and I have been very pleased with the durability of the light.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2012 Trail Cam Contest
2014 Trail Cam Contest
Winning Team
2013 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
"BIG" Co-Winner
2014 Tinest Tines Award

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Tac lights
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:34 pm 
Found several deer down in the dark using mine. I gave one to several club members for Christmas

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #5  Post subject: Re: Tac lights
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:24 am 
I know not everybody has a store by them but those that do keep an eye out for the flyers in your mailbox for Harbor Freight, there is always a coupon on the add for a free item and lots of times its a some sort of flash light or light bar or emergency light, these are all LED items and worth the price tag(free :happy0035: ) I've got about half dozen, I use them at home and work and you can't beat em if you lose power at the house one of these LED light modules will light up a room. Im near Little Rock theres a store at University and Asher, my mom's hooked on these and keeps my dad busy running to Harbor Freight in Fort Smith so she can use her free item coupons. Sometimes screw driver sets, tarps, they give a lot of free stuff out. I smile when I think of my 87 year old mom wanting to go to an industrial tool store. Granted lots of the stuff there is not the highest of quality be careful what you put some cash out for but you cant beat the freebies. I was in a pawn shop, a guy was trying to pawn a hammer drill, he wanted $50, the guy said if that was a Millwalkee, or a Hilti or even a B&D he would do it, but that's a Harbor Freight hammer I'll give you eight bucks on it :happy0035:

Offline Profile