Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #1  Post subject: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:59 pm 
G&F Commissioners defend anti-hunting organization through ignorance of the organization's mission.... I hope!

Back in February I sent an email to all the Commissioners asking them to direct Little Rock to find a new online survey company to conduct their online surveys since the one they use, Survey Monkey, is a big time supporter of, financial and otherwise, the Humane Society of the United States, one of the largest anti-hunting organizations around. I personally don't like the fact that G&F is paying a company with our money that donates part of their earning to an anti-hunting organization. I'd much rather G&F spend our money with companies that support hunting and fishing, or at least with companies that don't support anti hunting organizations.

Commissioner Mahony was the only Commissioner to respond to my email. He brought up the subject in the March Commission Meeting and again in the April Commission Meeting. And I was lividly appalled to learn that our Commissioners, other than Mahony, had no clue about the mission of such a large anti-hunting organization as the HSUS. And I was, and am, even more appalled that Commissioners continued to support doing business with Survey Monkey after having been informed of who the HSUS is and what their connection to Survey Monkey is.

Suffice it to say that words can't express the ill feeling I have at this moment towards our Commissioners for their support of spending G&F dollars with Survey Monkey who in turn supports the HSUS with part of their earnings. And as game and fish commissioners, their total ignorance of one of the largest anti hunting organizations in the world, the HSUS, is inexcusable. If I were an Arkansas Game and Fish Commissioner I'd be really embarrassed right about now at that one revelation alone.

Bryan Hendricks, Arkansas Democrat Gazette Outdoors Editor wrote a telling article on this subject last week. Under copyright law I can't reprint the whole article for public consumption but if any forum member can't access the whole article but wants to read it, I think I can legally send it to you in a private message if you send me one and ask.

And I hope like me, that after you read the entire article you will email all Commissioners with your unquestionable opinion, one way or the other, on them partnering with and knowingly spending your money with a company that financially supports an anti hunting organization.. And I also hope you'll email Commissioner Mahony and give credit where credit is due and thank him for bringing this to the publics attention at the last two commission meetings.

Below is an excerpt from Bryan's article:

by: Bryan Hendricks
Outdoors Editor
Arkansas Democrat Gazette

Since March, a curious dustup has occurred among members of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission over an outfit called Survey Monkey.

The Game and Commission has used Survey Monkey to conduct online surveys to gather public opinion about proposed hunting and fishing regulations and other topics.

At the commission's March meeting, Commissioner Emon Mahony said that Survey Monkey contributes large sums of money to the Humane Society of the United States, an aggressive and successful anti-hunting organization. Mahony said that Survey Monkey donates a portion of its fee from every online survey that sportsmen conduct to the HSUS. In this way Arkansas sportsmen unwittingly contribute to an organization that is dedicated to eliminating sport hunting.

Most of the other commissioners dismissed Mahony's concerns by saying they contribute to their local humane societies, and that they applaud the good works of their local animal shelters. Members of the AGFC's staff assured Mahony that Survey Monkey is prohibited from donating money from the commission's surveys to HSUS.

Astonished, Mahony argued that there is no connection between the HSUS and local animal shelters, and it wouldn't matter to Arkansas hunters whether their money went to the HSUS or not. Mahony brought it up again at the commission's April meeting and got an equally dismissive response. Several members said the commission doesn't have the time or resources to analyze every company or individual with whom it does business.

You can read the entire and telling article at:
ArkansasOnline
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015 ... p-commiss/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:12 pm 
Absolutely amazing but true to form for AGFC.

I also have to question the validity of the statement that Survey Monkey is prohibited in using AGFC funds for such contributions. I say prove that statement. Regardless get some other company or do without. Online survey are mostly used for the spin doctors to twist to their desired results anyway.

Online Profile  

Admin

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:15 am 
I certainly hope their refusal to stop Little Rock Administrators from partnering with the anti hunting crowd isn't a fore bearer of the direction Commissioners and agency Administrators plan on taking our Game and Fish Agency. If it's not then our money they are spending that's helping Survey Monkey finance the large anti hunting group the Humane Society of the United States could be much better spent on an in-depth in-house course in Public Perception for Commissioners and Administrators of the agency.

Here's the current Commissioner's email addresses:

Current Commissioner's email addresses:

Ron.Duncan2@agfc.ar.gov

Emon.Mahony@agfc.ar.gov

Fred.Brown@agfc.ar.gov

Steve.Cook@agfc.ar.gov

Ford.Overton@agfc.ar.gov

Ken.Reeves@agfc.ar.gov

Andrew.Parker@agfc.ar.gov

Fred.Spiegel@agfc.ar.gov

Offline Profile  

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:52 am 
sounds like the Kool-aid jug has been passed around some. :smack:

Admin

Post #5  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:52 pm 
I really hope all you guys will email the Commissioners about this issue. It really leaves a sour taste in my mouth knowing G&F Administrators are giving some of our money to a company that's giving part of it to a large anti hunting organization with our Commissioners, other than Mahony, standing behind them.

Being a hunter this is a scary deal to me because it gives the perception that Commissioners could possibly be setting the stage to take G&F in an entirely new direction......

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #6  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:52 pm 
I sincerely hope you guys aren't just lettin' this issue die like we're known to G&F to let all other negative game and fish issues die after we've vented a little on some huntin' board or the other.

Here's the issue again and the "could care less public attitude" of the Commissioners, except Commissioner Mahoney, that G&F's Little Rock Administration pays a company with YOUR money who then donates part of that money to one of the largest anti-hunting organizations around.

The Arkansas Game and Commission through their Little Rock Administration division pays a company with OUR money called Survey Monkey to conduct their online surveys to gather public opinion about proposed hunting and fishing regulations and other topics. And according to Survey Monkey's Web site, that company has raised nearly $1.6 million for the large anti hunting organization the Humane Society of the United States through about 482,000 contributors. Survey Monkey's "charities" page invites donors to "Help Humane Society of the U.S. by taking surveys." And to add salt to the wound inflicted upon Arkansas' sportsmen and women by our Arkansas Game and Fish Commissioners and our Little Rock Administrators, one of Survey Monkey's web pages publicly praises the mission of the anti hunting group the Humane Society of the United States.

The one and only Commissioner concerned that the other Game and Fish Commissioners are allowing the Little Rock Administration Division to continue to knowingly spend YOUR money with a company who then gives part of that money to a large national anti hunting organization, told the commission back at last March's public Commission meeting that Game and Fish shouldn't do business with a company whose activities conflict with the AGFC's mission and threaten the interests of the AGFC's constituents. But the other commissioners showed a lack of knowledge of the large national anti hunting organization in question and dismissed Mahony's concerns by saying they contribute to their local humane societies, and that they applaud the good works of their local animal shelters.....

But even after Commissioner Mahoney informed the other Commissioners that there is no connection between the HSUS and local animal shelters, that info was simply dismissed by the other Commissioners with absolutely no apparent concern of the situation at hand. Mahony brought it up again at the commission's April meeting and got an equally dismissive response.

So to those of you who haven't emailed Commissioners "YET" with your concern and/or outrage about their lack of knowledge of the mission of the large national anti hunting group the Humane Society of the United States and more importantly their willingness to let Little Rock Administration continue to pay one of the Humane Society's partners Survey Monkey with YOUR money who in turn gives part of your money back to that anti hunting group, I hope right after reading this post you'll stop whatever else you're doing and take a minute to fire off an email of respectful disapproval and outrage to each of our game and fish commissioners who's email addresses are listed in a post above.

Although I personally think this issue should be viewed as a serious concern to ALL Arkansas sportsmen and woman, if it's not or if it is but we're not vocal enough about it through phone calls and/or emails to Commissioners and through letter's to the editor's of newspapers to cause Commissioners to reverse their publicly stated support of Little Rock's G&F Administration to continue to knowingly use OUR money to indirectly help finance a large anti hunting organization, then we will deserve without so much as a whimper anything and everything bad that Game and Fish dishes out to us from now on.....

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #7  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:02 pm 
Dear Commissioners,

I know this subject has been brought to you by commissioner Mahony. To this date every other board members have either chose not to research or is not concerned.
Survey Monkey directly supports The Humane Society of the United States, which is the largest anti-hunting group in this country. I ask you to take the time to do the research or delegate someone else to do so. It is time for this stop. As a Arkansan I will no longer sit by and watch our States hunters pay and support such a group. If I do not hear from one of the Commissioners in the next few days. I plan to make this my mission to correct. I will contact every media source in the state of Arkansas and make sure all sportsmen of Arkansas are informed of the Commissions inability to act to protect their right to hunt. Thank you for your time and I expect action.

Sincerely,
Mark W. Corbin
107 Winterwood Dr
Dardanelle, AR 72834
479-968-0567

I hope they don't send the pokey after me.

Offline Profile  

Post #8  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:49 pm 
sent WW

As a resident Arkansas and a hunter for more than 40 years, myself along with many other hunters across this country know that HSUS is the nation’s largest anti hunting organization next to PETA. We hunters also know they portray a false narrative what they truly are. Even though this organization has verbiage that is very similar with our local shelters, we hunters know they are not affiliated with any assistance to these caring agencies. Despite deceiving their donors into believing that they are supporting animal welfare with contributions this has been known that only less than 1 percent of its budget actually goes to local animal shelters. We know this is a form a tricky & deception to many who are not familiar with HSUS true agenda. Many of us hunters across this nation keep tabs on organization like HSUS, their true itinerary reveals a slippery tactic that should alarm every hunter across this nation who has viewed state and federal fish and game agencies as supportive of hunting. Despite that “we” hunter’s our license fees and excise taxes provide the vast majority of funding for wildlife agencies across this nation, which makes us “the hunter” true contributors of wildlife conservationist. Nobody in America donates more money & time to our wildlife than “we” hunters. We donate thousands of pounds of venison every year to the needy and hungry. Which makes us sympathetic & compassionate to our fellow human being, more so than HSUS is to animals.
I oppose Survey Monkey and would not want funding to go to this; I can see better use of the money spent on wildlife programs & studies that would enhance Arkansas wildlife for future.
Respectfully
Don Mullis
2696 Hwy 167
Evening Shade, AR. 72532

Admin

Post #9  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:21 am 
Arkansas Sportsman
By Bryan Hendricks

This article published May 21, 2015

G&FC Looking Into It's Survey Options

Jeff Crow, the AGFC's deputy director, said the AGFC is evaluating new vendors to replace Survey Monkey as soon as possible.

Several commissioners and senior staff members have been mildly irritated over the Survey Monkey controversy. Commissioner Ken Reeves of Harrison said the commission does business with other companies, such as Apple and Microsoft, that advocate social positions that many Arkansans oppose. He said it gives the commission an unnecessary burden to evaluate vendors for ideological purity.

"If it's an organization that's against the reason we exist, that's a major thing," Mahony said. "What you can find out on the Internet in five minutes, they'll [the public] bring it to our attention, as they did here."

Full article located @:
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015 ... ptions-20/

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #10  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:11 am 
We can always count on our bossman to stir up the bees nest :thumbsup:

Great job, I have been following this issue also, and have zipped off some e mails I have to watch it as my email addy is my work one and not private. I don't understand an organization as large as Arkansas Game & Fish can't do their own online surveys, they already do for some simple things I thought, maybe not, when they ask us for input on new annual regs maybe thats Survey Monkey doing the asking. Its not that hard, heck you have a survey option here on this web page :twocents:

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #11  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:11 pm 
Last year I had a Sweet Sixteen permit. Today I got an email about taking an online Sweet Sixteen survey. Guess who is doing the survey. It is our same old Survey Monkey. I did not take the survey and intend to send a reply stating exactly why and copy all the Commissioners. Waste another 5 minutes of my life.

Next Friday I may possibly be seeing some of the AGFC mucky mucks. If I do I intend to give them an earful about Survey Monkey.

Online Profile  

Admin

Post #12  Post subject: Re: Commissioners Publicly Defend Anti Hunting Organization
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:46 pm 
twodog wrote:
I did not take the survey and intend to send a reply stating exactly why and copy all the Commissioners.
We all need to stand up for ourselves and our huntin' and fishin' sports like you two dog and contact the Commissioners about this issue before we possibly wake up some mornin' down the road to find the anti huntin' crowd has gained a foot in the door of even more state's fish and wildlife management, including our own usin' our own money furnished to them by G&F through Survey Monkey.This anti huntin' burp with G&F really scares me because I can't forget that the Commission stated on the record 5 years ago that it's focus was now non consumptive management.... you know, bird watchin' management in our hunter paid for WMAs, wildlife viewin' management, backyard butterfly management and so on.... :smack: So I hope anyone who hasn't emailed Commissioners concernin' this valid issue will do so as soon as possible... :thumbup:

Offline Profile