Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #1  Post subject: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:16 am 
Bryan Hendricks, outdoor editor for the Arkansas demo-Gazette, said in a recent article "The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission's new hunting and fishing license is the goofiest excuse for a legal document I've seen".

And I wholeheartedly agree.

What in the crap is happening within that agency??? These new non-waterproof almost toilet paper thin license and miniature magnifying class qualifying game tags Hendricks says in his article are "unprofessional and an embarrassment". Not to mention the overall G&F website itself and our online harvest program in particular has been an almost unusable and embarrassing unprofessional mess over these last few months. The prior website and harvest report program was top notch and something all Arkansans could use and be proud of. So again I ask, what the crap is going on within that agency?

An agency with a budget of over $80 million dollars and this is the best we can do?????? Have people within the agency been shuffled around to jobs they aren't qualified to perform? Have new people with no outdoors experience been brought in to do jobs that can be better done by people who do have outdoors experience? That's what it looks like to me with our current sub-par ever changing website and this new almost toilet paper thin non waterproof license idea.

But whatever the reason for the agency's unnecessary backwards slide here lately when it comes to the new unworkable license program and the new user-Unfriendly website, it needs to be stopped. Somebody within the agency needs to be replaced in those areas with people who at least have a little common sense and a clue. That includes people from the bottom to the top. The people of Arkansas, and especially hunters and fishers in this instance, deserve a lot better from G&F in these areas than we're now getting in return for our hard earned tax money.

Bryan's article:
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017 ... ted-licen/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Judge
2012 Trail Cam Contest
2014 Trail Cam Contest
Winning Team
2013 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
"BIG" Co-Winner
2014 Tinest Tines Award

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:34 am 
:hesaid:

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2010 Deer Contest

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm 
Got a fishing license a couple weeks back and was real surprised at what I got in a paper license.
Makes a lot of sense to have a paper fishing license. :poundfloor:

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:54 pm 
Well the good news is. How could it get any worse? Then it came to me. We are talking about AGFC.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Trail Cam Images and Info

Winning Team
2012 Deer Contest
2013 Co-Winner
ML - High Scoring Deer
Winner
2015 Highest Scoring Deer
2016 Tiniest Tines Award

Post #5  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:30 pm 
There are things I don't agree with Bryan Hendricks on some stuff, but he was spot on with this.

Offline Profile  

Sponsor

Tony Malone's Taxidermy Studio

Winning Team
2010 Deer Contest
Winner
2010 Best Rub Contest
WINNER
2011 "Tiniest Tines" Award

Highscores: 13
Post #6  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:11 pm 
I bought my lifetime license last week, it was laminated in plastic!! :thumbsup:

I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #7  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:25 am 
It is a mess down there and to a large degree out here. Very disappointing. I am wondering what the h*** is going on down there. Are the powers that are really that stupid or do they just not care. Well that was dumb of course they don't care or they would be doing much better by hunters and fisherman.

Disgusting! :mad:

Online Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #8  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:29 am 
One other gripe as long as we are on AGFC. Here it is August 22nd. There are 0, none, nada hunting pamphlets available even at regional offices. I checked yesterday. What is the problem here? Did they run out of toilet paper to print those on. Hunting season are open, squirrel, and dove and other seasons open in less than 2 weeks.

FAIL AGFC again

Online Profile  

Judge
2012 Trail Cam Contest
2014 Trail Cam Contest
Winning Team
2013 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
"BIG" Co-Winner
2014 Tinest Tines Award

Post #9  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:51 am 
Ok, another gripe. The shooting range at Mayflower closed late last year for a big make-over. It was suppose to be open April this year. Guess what, it's not open yet.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #10  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 am 
It helps when we contact ALL Commissioners with our beefs. Otherwise all they know is what G&F staff tell them. Course anyone with any common sense at all would know this new toilet paper tags and license deal is a no starter.... And apparently Commissioners don't use the website or try to check any game on it.... :scratch:

But whatever the issue, or issues, it's ALWAYS best to go directly to them instead of us just goin' directly to each other and never gettin' anything changed for the better.... :twocents:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #11  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:17 am 
:hesaid:

Offline Profile  

Post #12  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:50 pm 
Last couple of years I'v purchased my Texas license at the local Academy. They have the special paper its printed on and its a nicer up to date version of the old one. Which you had to fill out by hand at the place you bought it. The paper is a water proof, tear resistant type, tyvek I think. It might be a pre-printed form but modern printers can do very good work. the perforations where you tear out you tags work fairly well. The new license look just like the old ones but handing your drivers license to the cashier and letting him enter everything is so much easier and if your in the system already it done. The slick paper is kinda hard to write on when you get to fill out a tag. I am told that since you are in the TPWD digital system when you get your license that if you dont have it on you when you are fishing the warden can look you up on his phone. We used to run September to September but now you can opt for a year from whenever you buy your license. Seems most people are still going September, either they dot know, or force of habit

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #13  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:17 pm 
WW wrote:
It helps when we contact ALL Commissioners with our beefs. Otherwise all they know is what G&F staff tell them. Course anyone with any common sense at all would know this new toilet paper tags and license deal is a no starter.... And apparently Commissioners don't use the website or try to check any game on it.... :scratch:

But whatever the issue, or issues, it's ALWAYS best to go directly to them instead of us just goin' directly to each other and never gettin' anything changed for the better.... :twocents:

You are exactly right WW.
The thing is I would like to know which rocket scientist decided to fix a system that with its flaws worked acceptably well for this cluster. They need to be in another line of work like picking up roadside trash.

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #14  Post subject: Re: Hendricks Says New Arkansas License an Embarassment
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:38 am 
And while we're at it. AGFC is real proud of their community fishing program. They always let you know fish are on the way. From April through October catfish are stocked every 2 to 4 weeks in local ponds. Well every summer the same thing, no fish. Last stockings in or around Little Rock was 6/13, almost ten weeks ago. So I send off an e mail not really expecting an answer but I do get one. You know why catfish have not been stocked? Its way too hot for catfish to survive a shallow pond stocking, well that's news to me. And this was a pretty mild summer. You know what else is bad for a catfish's health? A cast iron skillet full of Crisco. They told me catfish may resume stocking to September or October. We're just a week away from September, bet ya its October if they even do anymore before trout season begins. They have never done Hindman or War Memorial this year. Hindman is my favorite and closest to my home. Boyle I have to carry a sidearm :surp:

Offline Profile