Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #1  Post subject: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:34 pm 
This Forum Respects our Flag and Stands for our National Anthem. If you don't, or support those who don't, you're not welcome here.

WW
Administrator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2010 Deer Contest

Post #2  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:22 pm 
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
The Chuck Wagon

Highscores: 4
Post #3  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:24 pm 
Absolutely. :thumbup: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Offline Profile  

Winner
Big Deer 2016

Post #4  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:15 pm 
WW wrote:
This Forum Respects our Flag and Stands for our National Anthem. If you don't, or support those who don't, you're not welcome here.

WW
Administrator

I quess i have to leave then ,, i support free speach no matter where you are . you just dont get it do ya

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Weather Forum

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
2015 Deer Contest
Winner
2014 Best Rub Contest

Highscores: 2
Post #5  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:41 pm 
I am also in support of freedom of expression. But, as we all learned when we were younger. Sometimes some things come with a price.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
The Chuck Wagon

Post #6  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:57 pm 
Free speech is not the same thing as disrespecting the National Anthem and what it stands for. If the sports jockeys want to do so, the hell with them. I hope they enjoy their free speech when the super bowl rolls around and the fans have dwindled along with the sponsors and profits. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Don't hide behind free speech.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Weather Forum

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
2015 Deer Contest
Winner
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #7  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:03 pm 
I have some friends that are still in military. I wonder how they feel about this issue. There is no way I would show disrespect for what they choose to do for a living for this country an for what it stands.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #8  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:39 am 
SW, I don't know about your friends but I can tell you about one, I have a brother an ex seal, or to hear him a seal, there are no ex seals. he bleeds red white and blue. A patriot. Few years back we were at a Black hawk conference and a certain General David Howell Petraeus requested my brother drive him around the city. This was before the general got the ax. He did it because he felt most safe with him, and they were not even in the same branch of service. My brother ran up and down the Mekong back in the day as part of the "Brown River Navy". He backs the players that want to protests injustices, he thinks its a great way to bring things to light, we talked about it last Sunday. I wouldn't be stupid enough to call him an unpatriotic jerk to his face so I went along with him :happy0035:
The forum stands just doesn't stand for the 1st Admendment I guess. The flag is just a piece of cloth, the Constitution is so much more, doesn't make sense to me. people wipe mud off their face with red white and blue flag bandannas then stick it in their butt pocket, nobody says a thing. But then they are not protesting mistreatment of people of color.

Offline Profile  

Winner
07 Tiny Tines Award

Post #9  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 am 
Your forum, your rules. As a veteran, I stand. I do support free speech and people's right to protest. However, I do not support protests that infringe on others' rights.

Offline Profile  

Winner
Big Deer 2016

Post #10  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:56 pm 
lol I was just bull shitting you guys im trump to the core . I also think they should fire the SOB that doesn't stand for the flag or anthem :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #11  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:24 am 
catfish wrote:
lol I was just bull shitting you guys im trump to the core . I also think they should fire the SOB that doesn't stand for the flag or anthem :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .... Those guys in order to have a much better chance of their protest growing and bein' successful need to find a more respectful to our country and less divisive way to conduct their protest. Martin Luther King was highly successful with his protest when he chose non violent civil disobedience to our government over disrespect for our country. But if he had chosen disrespect for our flag and our anthem as the theme for his protest he would have been remembered by history as a divider instead of the healer he's remembered as today.... Take note NFL and all it's supporters!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #12  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:31 pm 
:appl: :appl: With you 100% WW.

Online Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2010 Deer Contest

Post #13  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:49 am 
I never served in the military, but my father spent over 20 years in.
He was no seal so I guess what he thinks may not be valued as high as Hips seal buddy who chauffers generals.
But my father will not watch NFL and does not support kneeling during the national anthem as he sees that as disrespect to the country. Kind of weird how most of his fellow retired military friends feels the same as he does (none were seals though, so they really dont count).
I agree with them. Maybe that was due to the brainwashing of having grown up a few years on military base. When the anthem went off on base you stopped what you were doing and faced the flagpole. Even though we could not see the flag we all knew the direction it was at. Even when going to the theater on base they played the anthem before the movie started. We all stood in the theater for it, wish I could have witnessed someone kneeling for that back then. But that was 40 years ago when it seemed folks respected and valued OUR country a lot more than today.

Offline Profile  

Sponsor

Tony Malone's Taxidermy Studio

Winning Team
2010 Deer Contest
Winner
2010 Best Rub Contest
WINNER
2011 "Tiniest Tines" Award

Highscores: 13
Post #14  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:05 pm 
:appl: :appl:

I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Sports Forum

Judge
2011 Best Rub Contest

Post #15  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:11 am 
As a vet, I believe in the constitution and the Flag.... If someone feels to disrespect the flag, that's on them. That is their constitutional right. Look who we elect into office.....the last 4 presidents have been draft dodgers. So what's their investment in that flag??? Talk about the Pot calling the kettle black!!! And Trump has the gall to call John McCain a Non Hero because he was captured?? He even volunteered to stay so his fellow servicemen could leave....To Me that's a Hero!!!

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #16  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:02 am 
Nice job at sarcasm rjet. I notice you say most of your dad's buddys. Not all. Some do some don't. Some place the flag above the Constitution some don't. It would be a boring world if everybody thought the same. I wasn't saying my brothers opinion was of greater regard because he was a Seal, just stating the opinion of an ex military the only one I have spoken to about this matter unlike you who has polled all of your dads service buddys for some reason. I personally have a lot of respect for the flag and even more for our Constitution. I personally would never turn my back or kneel at an event they played the anthem at. I have posted in the past, like the greatest baseball play ever, where a player saved our flag from being burned. But I do recognize people rights to peaceful protests is all. No skin off my back if somebody doesn't stand for the anthem, their loss not mine. And just a sidenote I believe like Coindude that McCain will always be a hero. That's just Trump being Trump putting him down because he didn't vote the way he would have liked him to. But I have no idea why he treated the Gold Star Family so bad. Or the Alt right crowd so good unless he just really is a bit bigoted. Remember back during the campaign he didn't want a judge of Hispanic decent rulling on one of his many lawsuits ,said he wasn't qualified because he was a Mexican...lol...theres a bit of prejudise there.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Trail Cam Images and Info

Winning Team
2012 Deer Contest
2013 Co-Winner
ML - High Scoring Deer
Winner
2015 Highest Scoring Deer
2016 Tiniest Tines Award

Post #17  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:49 am 
My view on Trump is this, I don't like him. I think he's a jerk and a loud mouth, but I will still take him over Hilary anytime and anyway. He's said bad things about women in the past, but Hilary has done the same back when she was defending Bill's actual hands on misconduct. Trumps has told some big ones, but Hilary's tales of landing under fire in Bosnia, Bengasi cover up, cattle futures, selling access through contributions to the Clinton Foundation and speeking fees etc, etc etc are as bad or worse.
Trump is a blowhard and is course, Clinton was polished and slick, just not as slick as Bill or she'd be President, but she was/is vain, thought she was owed the office, would cut the heart out of grandchild if she thought it would have helped her win. Just look at how she and Bill cleaned the White House out, like a couple of low class renters skipping out in the middle of the night, the last time they moved out of it and when they got called on it, had to return.
So as much as I dislike Trump as a person, I'll still take him as President over what the options in the general election turned out to be.

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Weather Forum

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Deer Contest
2015 Deer Contest
Winner
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #18  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:34 am 

I wonder what this man would have thought about his fellow players taken a knee. I wonder what his family an friends think about NFL players actions.

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2010 Deer Contest

Post #19  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:24 pm 

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
The Chuck Wagon

Post #20  Post subject: Re: This Forum Stands
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:25 pm