Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #1  Post subject: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:28 pm 
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Oct. 4, 2017

Contact: Adriane Barnes, 501-516-6255, adriane.barnes@arkansas.gov

Feral Hog Eradication Task Force seeks input on Kaput bait

LITTLE ROCK – Feral hogs are a growing problem in Arkansas and across the United States. Feral hogs have an estimated total population between four and five million across approximately 39 states and cause approximately $1.5 billion annually in agricultural and ecological costs.

The Arkansas Feral Hog Eradication Task Force is seeking input from Arkansans regarding the registration and potential restrictions on authorized uses of Kaput Feral Hog Bait as a viable method of control in eradication efforts. Feedback is being solicited through Oct. 22.

Arkansans may submit responses by completing an online survey at http://survey.constantcontact.com/surve ... p/greeting, or by sending comments to Arkansas Agriculture Secretary Wes Ward at: wes.ward@aad.arkansas.gov. Comments received will be presented to the Feral Hog Eradication Task Force at their next scheduled meeting on Oct. 25.

The Feral Hog Eradication Task Force strongly suggests that Arkansans submit comments or complete the survey only after reviewing the product manufacturers label for Kaput Feral Hog Bait. The product manufacturer’s label, as well as additional information, regarding feral hogs and the Feral Hog Eradication Task Force is available at: http://www.aad.arkansas.gov/feral-hog-e ... task-force

The bait formulation in this product is warfarin-based and has demonstrated efficacy against feral hogs at a formulation strength one-fifth the concentration of warfarin that has been registered for controlling rodents in the U.S. for more than 60 years. The Environmental Protection Agency registered Scimetrics’ Kaput Feral Hog Bait on Jan. 3, 2017 (EPA Registration Number 72500-26). Kaput Feral Hog Bait is currently the only toxicant approved by the EPA for the control of feral hogs. This product is not currently registered for use in any other state in the country.

The Feral Hog Eradication Task Force was created by Act 1010 of the Arkansas Legislature during the 2017 general session and was directed to create a plan for the eradication of feral hogs in Arkansas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know nothing about this poison except that the Texas Agri Commissioner approved it's use last Feb but there was so much opposition to it before it could be used, that by April the manufacturer said they were pulling the product out of the state for fear of being sued by somebody. This was last April and I don't have any newer Texas updates.

I remember posting about this bait one time here on the Forum when Texas approved it back last Feb. and grubbsi, who lives in Texas, wasn't too pleased about the Texas deal...

I'm gonna go to the Survey web site and see if I can view it without taking it, because I personally think we all should read all we can find about this product, and not just whats on Arkansas' Feral Hog Task Force website about it, before we take the survey and make sure the survey isn't biased towards the use of this poisoned bait and we feel in our minds whether there's any possibility it could have a negative impact on anything else besides hogs before we decide to support the use of poison all over our woods and fields which are full of various birds, wildlife, livestock, and pets. Granted this poison bait been federally approved for use, but that in itself is reason enough for me to want to learn all I can about it on my own from independent sources if possible before I take the survey..... (PS: I was able to read the Survey without having to take it)

Texas April 2017:
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/environmen ... f3c1f.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Winner
07 Tiny Tines Award

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:05 am 
I told them my thoughts but I am sure they did not like what I had to say since I told the truth.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:44 pm 
I was already against the use of poison bait. And after reading several research articles last night concernin' warafin laced bait, and another laced with sodium nitrate, to kill feral pigs, I didn't read anything that said there was a fool proof way to keep non targeted birds and animals from injestin' it, including humans that could unknowingly consume a poisoned hog.

I think if it's use is approved here in Arkansas it'll be because of money and special interest groups without any consideration given to negative impacts it could have on non targeted birds and animals. If the research was there to say it's a safe answer to the feral pig problem I'd think it would already be in widespread use instead of being banned in some states, and even in some countries.... :scratch:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:19 pm 
I spent 45 minutes filling out the survey and making sure all my cuss words were in the right places. Then when I submitted it I got an error message saying my survey couldn't be processed, to retry. And when I hit retry I got an empty survey back... :mad: :mad: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :mad: :mad: :tantrum: :tantrum: :mad: :tantrum: :tantrum: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :censored: :censored:

Wonder if they rejected it because it wasn't favorable to their way of thinkin'... :tantrum: :tantrum: :mad: :tantrum: :mad: :tantrum: :mad: :tantrum: :mad: :mad: :mad: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

But then again I suppose Bill Gates could have raised his ugly head and erased it for me when I was tryin' to send it. Either way now I gotta start all over... :censored: :censored: :tantrum: :mad: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :censored: :censored: :tantrum: :tantrum: :mad: :mad: :mad: ...... :thumb:

Offline Profile  

Winner
07 Tiny Tines Award

Post #5  Post subject: Re: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:30 pm 
The same thing happened with mine yesterday WW.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #6  Post subject: Re: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:56 pm 
I think this is a very important survey for everyone Darrell and I hope everyone will go fill it out, especially those opposed to using this pig bait poison... :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Post #7  Post subject: Re: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:10 pm 
I filled it out twice, and got the same error message, another site i was on, guys were saying the same thing was happening to them. I dont think they give a @*#*@ what we think. I am against the poison, until they make it safe for other animals, and we know thats not gonna happen.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #8  Post subject: Re: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:25 pm 
If they don't get the survey fixed in the mornin' I'm gonna find a number and call them and find out what's goin' on.... This issue is way too important for us to just let it slide by without doin' all we can do tolet them know we oppose it... :yep:

Offline Profile  

Winner
07 Tiny Tines Award

Post #9  Post subject: Re: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:46 am 
The survey finally worked today. I am glad because I was getting tired of typing all those comments just for it to fail when I tried to submit.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #10  Post subject: Re: Kaput Feral Hog Pesticide Bait: Arkansas Online Survey Open
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:43 pm 
I tried the survey again this morning and now it's telling me I've already taken it and it won't let me take it again.... :smack: So now I don't have a clue whether my voice will be heard on this issue or not... :th_smilie_help.gif: At this point I think maybe a phone call to Trump or some other higher up may be my best bet to make double sure my voice is heard on this issue... :yep:

Offline Profile