Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #1  Post subject: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:56 am 

Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry is a highly successful program that has provided approximately one million meals to the state’s most needy citizens.

The program has been in place in Arkansas since 2000. The success of the program depends upon the generosity of hunters to donate venison and other wild game, cooperation from meat processors throughout the state, support from local food distribution organizations, and the financial contributions of businesses and other citizens.

Hunters can donate one deer or a portion of a deer from this season and help Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry so that the state’s less fortunate can have healthy meals. There are about 40 meat processors statewide who accept and process venison and other wild game from hunters for the program.

Donating venison and other wild game is a great way to make sure the meat is not wasted. Hunters sometimes let their harvested game sit in the refrigerator until it gets ruined by freezer burn or goes bad for other reasons. Providing a deer or a portion of a deer to a needy family, through AHFH, is a great way to make a successful trip afield even better. It’s a great feeling to bag a big buck or a doe. It’s even better to know that when you donate that deer to the program, dozens upon dozens of needy citizens will have great tasting, healthy meals.

Open the link below to view a list of processors who accept donated wild game for Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry:
http://www.arkansashunters.org/processors.htm

If you donate to this organization either financially (no donation is too small), with wild game, or as a processor let us know and we'll put a special tag under your Forum name identifying you as an AHFH donor.

Also, if you are, or if you know, a processor who might be interested in participating in this program you can contact the organization through their website for details...... http://www.arkansashunters.org/

Offline Profile  

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:43 pm 
I have checked the processors list and the nearest to me is 60 miles away. Would I have to bring the deer there? Are feral pigs eligible for the propgram?

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:18 am 
Sorry but I can't answer your questions Korak. But you can click on the link I've included below and access an email address and phone number of someone who can give you that info. And welcome to the Forum.... :thumbup:

http://www.arkansashunters.org/contact.htm

Offline Profile  

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 pm 
I am the northwest AR representative for AHFH. Unfortunately, yes, you would have to travel to the nearest processor that works with our organization. This is the biggest hurdle that we encounter for participation in the program. We have recently acquired a refrigerated truck, but we could only schedule pickups for large amounts.

And yes, the program will take ANY properly processed meat. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jim

Offline Profile  

Post #5  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:17 pm 
Do we pay to have the deer processed to? Or do we just drop it off at the processor?

Offline Profile  

09 Deer Contest Judge

Post #6  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:49 pm 
http://www.arkansashunters.org/faq.htm
Quote:
Who pays for the processing?
The hunter can pay the processor the cost of preparing the meat (usually $45 to $60) or if they prefer to have AHFH pay the meat processor, the hunter pays nothing. If a hunter wishes to keep a portion of the venison, the hunter must pay for the processing. AHFH encourages hunters to pay for the processing themselves, as a tax-deductible donation, because it will enable the program to put more food on the table for those who need it most.

Offline Profile  

Post #7  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:21 pm 
We had a suburban hunt the last 3 years in Heber Springs and the mayor ask us to donate our first deer to the food bank, seemed like a good idea especally since he said it would have an effect on the people that decieded if we had any more hunts. I have been lucky and drew a tag two of the 3 years [first deer to the food bank both years] I have not heard what the total was this year but last year the heber hunters put just a little over 2000 lbs in.
I was suprised and proud as almost every hunter must have donated one as requested. Lee

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #8  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:33 pm 
Good job Lee.... and three cheers for all you Heber hunters who contributed... :appl: :appl: :appl:

Offline Profile  

Post #9  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:06 pm 
Stopped and talked to them at their booth at the bb classic. Good guys and awesome program. Found that many places that aren't listed with them will work with a place that is listed if you don't want to leave your current proc. Also found out that they take hogs if the your place will process them.

Offline Profile  

Post #10  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:22 pm 
I've heard of this and I plan on doing it next year

Offline Profile  

Post #11  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:38 pm 
Me also. DW

Offline Profile  

Post #12  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 pm 
Also plan on doing this here in Johnson County. Nearest participating processor is in Pope County but it's worth the drive for the cause!!!!!

Offline Profile  

Winning Team
09 Turkey Contest
09 Big Turkey Winner
Winning Team
010 Turkey Contest
Winner Modern Gun
2010 High Scoring Deer
Judge
2010 Best Rub Contest

Highscores: 1
Post #13  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 am 
With the way the economy is these days. I'm sure there will be a need of double the amount in most states for the Feeding The Hungry.

Offline Profile  

Post #14  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:29 pm 
this is an excellant program and we gave 4 last fall

Offline Profile  

Post #15  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:47 pm 
Nannah52 wrote:
this is an excellant program and we gave 4 last fall

Way to go Nannah52....Ya'll did good.. :thumbsup:

Offline Profile  

Post #16  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:39 pm 
I donate each year. Great program...

Offline Profile  

Post #17  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 pm 
I have heard of this program but have not been able to donate anything yet. So the question I have is do you have to have the deer processed before you donate it? Or are all the donation places meat processing businesses? Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post #18  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm 
rmcmurry wrote:
I have heard of this program but have not been able to donate anything yet. So the question I have is do you have to have the deer processed before you donate it? Or are all the donation places meat processing businesses? Thanks.

No, you don't have to have the deer processed before donating, rmcmurry. You don't have to do anything to the deer. All you have to do is drop the deer off at the processor. They will get some info from you and that's it........ I donated my buck this year and used the processor at Frenchport.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #19  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:14 am 
I am a hungry hunter and tenderlions that you want to donate package them in the back cargo area of a new nissan x terra 4x4 and ship the whole package to me at 14516......

Offline Profile  

Post #20  Post subject: Re: Arkansas Hunters Feeding The Hungry
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:52 pm 
A great program, any processors in White County that participate? ?

Offline Profile