Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Post #1  Post subject: DWI...Nope not me...I got it almost figured out
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:12 pm 
With the Holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving. As you may know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well, last night I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails, followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home! Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab, they waved it past!!! I arrived home safely, without incident. This was a real surprise, as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it!!!!

Online Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2012 Deer Contest
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #2  Post subject: Re: DWI...Nope not me...I got it almost figured out
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:23 pm 
They do not waive cabs past DWI road blocks. Might try the lawn mower.

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2010 Deer Contest

Post #3  Post subject: Re: DWI...Nope not me...I got it almost figured out
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:54 pm 
Y Hunt wrote:

If George Jones were still alive he might disagree about the lawnmower getting waived by. :laughsmile:

Online Profile  

Forum Leader
The Chuck Wagon

Highscores: 4
Post #4  Post subject: Re: DWI...Nope not me...I got it almost figured out
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm 
:poundfloor: :poundfloor: :poundfloor:

Online Profile  

Post #5  Post subject: Re: DWI...Nope not me...I got it almost figured out
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:41 pm 
Y Hunt wrote:

Being 2 am they just might have known something was not right. And I got a headlight burned out on mine and no tail lights. Near 71 years old and that's all I have ever been stopped and got wrote up for a burned out headlight. That happened in Gary, Indiana years ago when I had one of those sin bin van's that had the Drugs inside Here look about it. :laughsmile:

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #6  Post subject: Re: DWI...Nope not me...I got it almost figured out
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:04 am 
I drove drunk a million times in Texas, not proud of it, I don't drink and drive anymore, I moved to Arkansas, went fishing in the Arkansas River in Fort Smith, had bought a twelve pack and drank 8, got a DUI on the way home. Texas a DUI is a felony, here a misdemeanor. After 5 years its expunged from my record, that happened in 2009, I had got it in 2004. Only spent 3 hours in jail, Texas would have been three days. Had a Texas license, Arkansas judge took it away, 5 days later its in my mailbox, a note saying Texas Department of Motor Vehicles does not recognize a Arkansas judges authority to suspend a Texas License here is your license back :happy0035: When I finally went to get an Arkansas license I had to pay a reinstatement fee, told them the Texas license had never been suspended, per the DMV down there. They told me my privilege to drive had been suspended in Arkansas it had nothing to do with a license, I didn't argue. I haven't even had a ticket since, like I say the DUI is expunged, I have a clean record no citations at all. Knock on wood. :roll:

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2010 Deer Contest

Post #7  Post subject: Re: DWI...Nope not me...I got it almost figured out
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 am 
Just a tad bit wrong hip. DWI is not a felony in Texas unless you have a child in the car.

Online Profile  

Highscores: 1
Post #8  Post subject: Re: DWI...Nope not me...I got it almost figured out
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:47 pm 
rjet wrote:

If George Jones were still alive he might disagree about the lawnmower getting waived by. :laughsmile:

:poundfloor:

Offline Profile