Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #1  Post subject: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:26 am 
I have been quiet, more to come when I have some time, for now: Cardinals are 3-3 in this new season, that's good for 3rd place in the Central. They made some acquisitions in the off season that is sure to add some flair and power to the team, more on that later. They signed two of the leagues youngest rookies and added them to the roster. Rookie Jordan Hicks is going to help out in the late innings, maybe he'll develop into an ace closer who knows but he came into the game in the 8th Sunday night and the radar gun was clocking his fastball at 101.1 miles an hour. Last season only 6 pitchers tossed the ball that fast, none as young as Jordan. Right now Jordan is the hardest throwing pitcher in baseball, he has left some batters standing at the plate with their mouth hanging open their bat in their hands wondering what did they just see.
https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/jordan- ... -baseball/

Yadi Molina is off to a quick start and another great season he has already went long a couple times in the six games they have played, infielder Paul DeJong is second in the league with three long balls already. cardinals look good on paper and they have looked good out there on the field, that said, the Cubs are rock solid again this year and are going to be tough to hang with.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #2  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:59 am 
Cards had their home opener last evening. The first home game each season at Busch Stadium is a big deal. Adam Wainwright, their ace on the mound. Before the game they celebrate the 11 World Series Championships, The Clydesdales are there in full tack, they bring hall of famer after hall of famer out for the fans to see, like Bob Gibson, Lou Brock, Tim McCarver...they just keep coming out one after another it doesn't end there are so many Cardinal Hall of Famers still alive. The fans and players are really into it, I think theres fireworks, theres lots of Budweiser I know, been there done that. So much celebration, so much going on, its an experience, then the game started. The Saint Louis Cardinals could only muster two hits on the night, two hits, on such a big night, such a big stage. They bow down to Arizona 3-1, Waino didn't last too long, maybe all these activities took it out of em :laughsmile: Such a disappointment. I have a feeling this is just the first of many this season. Cardinals have been hot for a few years, more than a few. I think its time for the Cubs to shine for awhile, baseball, like a lot of things seems to run in cycles. But lets play for a wildcard spot maybe, and maybe upset some folks in the playoffs, I think its the best we can shoot for this year.
One bright spot, after cards ace Waino got knocked out of the game the bullpen held the Diamondbacks scoreless for 5 and a third innings giving the Cards offense a chance to get back in the game, but the Cards offense wasn't having any of that :poundfloor: The Clydesdales circled the bases more times than the Cardinal players did last night.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #3  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:16 am 
http://fox2now.com/2018/04/06/gioias-de ... -problems/

It wont be missed at $15 a sandwich, you can go to the original Gioias Deli in the Hill and get a better one for ten bucks and it comes with chips. Gioias Deli is over a hundred years old, over in what was once called Deigo Hill, now that's not politically correct so people call the hood "The Hill" that hood, surrounded by decay and blight is stuck in time, every blade of grass in the right place, no litter on any street, just beautiful, all Italians, family, you don't want to get the Family mad, be courteous when your there. :happy0035:

Better story, better picture, now Im hungry
http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/d ... -top-story

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #4  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:19 am 
I'm seeing Red :thumb:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball ... 5c016.html

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #5  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:02 am 
Cardinals are playing .500 Baseball, nothing wrong with that at the start of the season. They are 7 and 7 good for third place. They are actually ahead of the Cubs, won last night on a walk off Matt Carpenter home run n the 11th. Yadi Molina, Cards catcher is second in the majors with homers, he has 5 of them in this young season. :smile:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #6  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:06 pm 
Cardinals complete a four game sweep of the Reds and move into second place a game in front of the Cubs and two and a half back behind the red hot Pirates. That's the first sweep of the season for the Cardinals, lots of heroes in this series. One highlite, Yadi Molina passes Reds great Johnny Bench in number of innings behind the plate. Fitting it should happen while playing the Reds, Bench's old team. Molina racks up over 14,440 innings, that's a lot of squatting folks :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #7  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:46 am 
Cardinals lead the league in home runs, I am not excited about that stat, rarely does the team that leads in home runs lead in the standings, its usually all or nothing for a home run leader and more often than not means nothing :no:
Here are about 100 pictures of the greatest fans on earth, brought to you by Fox News so you know its fair and balanced, Im not biased, not in the least :happy0035:
http://fox2now.com/2018/04/06/pictures- ... pep-rally/

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

WINNER
2008 Best Rub Contest
Judge
2010 Best Rub Contest
2014 Best Rub Contest

Highscores: 6
Post #8  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am 
Greatest fans on earth, huh? Looks like a lot of empty seats to me. And this is from four different games so far this year. Got you 3 late inning shots in close games, a 7th inning shot, and a 1st inning shot. Cards fans are full of excuses,so lets hear yours... :duck:

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

WINNER
2008 Best Rub Contest
Judge
2010 Best Rub Contest
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #9  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 am 
And it’s all in good fun so don’t get to upset. I’m sure firehog(aka firecub) will chime in. He has a whole book of excuses. :roll:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #10  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:06 am 
Here are the numbers, I have no idea if those pics were taken after a rain shower or what. In 2018 cardinals are 4th in attendance behind the Dodgers, Giants and Angels, Dodgers and Angels both out There in a city ten times the size of St Louis. They are averaging 39,052 a game this year down from the last five year average of 42,567. They have drawn almost 3.5 million a season last five years, best in the league. Even coming off a world championship the Cubbies are ranked just 7th at 34,559 a game. The Cards draw real well considering the city is less than a million people. No other city so small draws so many, nobody even close. What that boils down to is that on any given night 5% or a little more of the city is sitting in Busch stadium, that is just crazy if you ask me. One in twenty people is going to the game tonight. :thumbup:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #11  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:33 am 
10 and seven Cardinals staying hot beat the seven and eight Cubs yesterday, last night's game rain delay. Don't get down Whiskey, we know the Cubs are better than that and the Cards are just racking up some lucky wins. I remember an old joke, doesn't hold much water now that the Cubs have won it all but it went like this. What did Jesus say to the Cubs? Don't do anything until I get back :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Charter Member

WINNER
2008 Best Rub Contest
Judge
2010 Best Rub Contest
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #12  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 am 
The pictures are screen shots I took off of my MLB app. No rain or anything, just empty seats. Yes they sell a lot of tickets, but my point is “greatest fans in baseball” can’t even stay for the whole game when their team still has a chance to win. Doesn’t sound so great to me. :th_tapemouth.gif:

And here are a few numbers to explain the attendance numbers...
Cards stadium holds... 45,538
Dodgers... 56,000
Angels... 45,050
Giants... 41,915
Cubs... 41,649

So by those numbers, if every game was sold out for each team then the Cards should be sitting in second place. But we know the west coast games rarely have to deal with the weather issues the Cubs and Cards do. Freezing cold or rainy weather like we have had lately.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #13  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:42 am 
Lets take a look later towards summer, the Cardinals numbers will rise don't matter what place they are in, that's what I mean by greatest fans, they will show up even if the Cards are in last place, unlike places like Houston where they have fare weather fans that come to the park only when they are winning. I have been to Astro games where there were 10,000 fans in the old Astrodome. Ushers would let us all crowd down in the highj priced seats after about the 5th inning when they were sure the season ticket holders that owned them wouldn't show up. You know who is a die hard Astro fan? George and Barbara Bush, they would be there every night when I would go, they would leave in the 7th though with their secret service to beat the crowds. Barbara Bush, bless her heart may she rest in peace. But as the temp climbs so will attendance, that should be true for the Cubs too. No fun sitting on a wooden seat in 40 degree weather for three hours. As I write this its 36 in Saint Louis with a wind chill of 29, 29 degrees is not baseball weather. Chicago is 35-25. The other night they set a record for coldest temp at the start of a baseball game in Busch Stadium, at the start of game it was 37 degrees.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #14  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:39 am 
While Im thinking about it, George is a big baseball fan so is his son, George W, W was part owner of the Texas Rangers at one time. The senior GH Bush played baseball for Yale back in the day. Back in his Skull and Bones days, how many know what Im talking about? Sshh its a secret. :duck:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #15  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:19 am 
Cards drop one to the Cubs at Wrigley 8-5. Now it's back to Busch where the Reds are waiting to get their revenge. Last week when we swept the Reds up there it was the first four game sweep of the Reds by the Cardinals at Cinnci since 1949. Almost 70 years, 70 years is a long time in baseball years. :happy0035:

Offline Profile