Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #21  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:15 am 
On this night its all they would need. Cardinals are 18-12, best in the Central, First place. Coming off a sweep of the White Sox, this Cub series looks to be a good one. Cardinals are doing the Conga Line this year :happy0035:
https://www.mlb.com/video/phams-towerin ... 2007223083
Hang around for the second video and you get to see former Cardinal and future Hall of Famer Albert Pujols rack up his 3000th major league hit, he joins an elite group. Albert is just the 4th player in MLB history with over 600 homers and 3000 hits, how do you top that? Oh I mentioned coming off a sweep of the Sox, that's The Chicago White Sox, Cards now get to deal with the cross town rivals, I think they can handle it. I think they can, I think they Pham. :happy0035:
Tommy's homer, look close, a Cubs fan gets it, his wife looks excited, pleased, he looks to me to say "I don't want it" I bet he threw it back on the field, we don't get to see that. :laughsmile:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #22  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:44 pm 
They must be living right, Cardinals will go for the sweep tomorrow. If they do it that will be two Chicago teams swept in a week :happy0035: One drawback on this win, Cardinals catcher Yadi Molina, lets hope its not a serious injury. In the ninth inning hard throwing rookie Jordan Hicks tosses a fireball towards the plate, a 102 mile per hour fireball and the batter tips the ball, right into Yadi's groin :poundfloor: They had to practically carry him off the field. Maybe his girlfriend can kiss it and make it better :happy0035:
https://www.mlb.com/video/must-c-combo- ... 2010753283

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #23  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:55 pm 
NL Central, Cards at 19-12 a game in front of the Brew Crew, two in front of those Swash Bucklers, and two and a half in front of them sleeping bears. Its a tight division, to say the least. The Reds at 8-24 are already on their second manager of the year, yikes :th_smilie_help.gif:

Cardinals
19 12 .613 - 11-5 8-7 6-4

Brewers
19 14 .576 1.0 8-7 11-7 5-5

Pirates
18 15 .545 2.0 10-5 8-10 6-4

Cubs
16 14 .533 2.5 8-6 8-8 5-5

Reds
8 24 .250 11.5 4-12 4-12 4-6

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #24  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:51 pm 
Ouch, double ouch.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball ... e2b09.html

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #25  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:56 pm 
It's almost midnight, Cards had a golden chance in the tenth, two on no outs. They didn't produce, Cubs are batting with no outs in the 11th. Cards keep going up to the plate hoping to win the game with one swing. The key here is small ball, think small big things will happen. It's 2-2 in the 11th. Ok going to the bottom of the 11th, Cards get another chance at the sweep of the Cubs. If nothing else the Cardinals have sent a message to the Cubs in this series, we're not going to lay down and make it easy for you this year. We miss Molina already, two outs Cards send their last position player to the plate from the bench. We play the players we got on the field from here on out. Easy out we go to the 12th.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #26  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:45 am 
14th inning, 14 pitchers have been used, over 400 pitches thrown. Three outs away from our second seventh inning stretch. Gyorko homered n this game yesterday. The Cards catcher Yadi Molina had emergency surgery this morning, some say he had three balls on him. :happy0035: uh oh, Biaz just homered for the Cubs. Cards get a chance here in the bottom of the inning. I'm signing off and leaving you to wonder :thumb:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #27  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:20 am 
I don't normally post up three times for one game but oh what a game. Cubs were one strike away from winning the game and stopping a sweep by the Cardinals. Ex Cub Dexter Fowler at the plate, couple strikes on him then this, the faces on the Cub players tell it all :happy0035:
https://www.mlb.com/video/fowlers-walk- ... 2017673083
Cardinals came back three times in this game I think, Red Bird Magic. Just how many miracle walk off homers can we see from one team? Walk off homers are pretty rare, unless your at Busch Stadium :thumbsup: Ok what I said about playing small ball, I never said that.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #28  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:31 am 
Tight division, except for the Reds everybody is within a game of the top.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #29  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:24 am 
I worry about these Redbirds, you know what they say about those that live by the sword...

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/video/rec ... 2034695583

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #30  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:06 am 
Kolten opens up, sometimes we forget these guys are just regular guys. Up in the Lou there are those that don't like Kolten still, because of his World Series mistake. We all make mistakes. We all hurt, we all laugh, we all cry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajo6Nu1eB_U

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #31  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:58 am 
Cards lose a heartbreaker in 13, tight division standings. Cardinals are tied with the Pirates for first Brewers and Cubs both 1/2 game back in second place. We're just a breath away from a four way tie for first place in the central. These teams are evenly matched so far this year who will run away with it? then we have the Reds at 13 wins 27 losses ten and half back but I guess you could say they re in third place :smack:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #32  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:54 pm 
In the very first post in this thread this year I talked about the hard throwing Rookie Jordan Hicks. Today he made baseball History throwing two of the fastest pitches ever thrown since they have tracked pitch speed with radar guns and since stat cast has been tracking pitches. The youngster topped 105 miles per hour, twice. Also in this game he threw the 5 fastest pitches thrown so far this year in the big leagues. I wonder if there was a problem with the radar gun, that is a very very very fast pitch...well its never been thrown before. Well once before.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 627391002/

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #33  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:05 am 
How did those Cubs slip past us? Its Brewers Cubs Cardinals, Cubs are 4 games back, Saint Louis 4 and a half. Pirates are 6 and a half back and I can't even see the Reds anymore :happy0035: Cardinals are just not playing consistant ball, very streaky. Waino isn't himself, Yadi is hurt still that hundred plus MPH fastball to the groin required testicle surgery, man. Carp hasn't got in a groove yet. We're not getting the offensive production we thought we would from some of the big acquisitions. But we have had a couple good surprises, Jordan Hicks the hardest throwing pitcher in baseball, ever, is still just a kid, he may even get faster.Bader a youngster, Munoz a kid, hit a game winning walk off homer last night at Busch ending a 5 run bottom of the ninth inning comeback for the Cards beating the Pirates. The future looks bright. Life goes on then they call strike three......

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #34  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:44 am 
Another walk off Homer win by Kolten Wong, his mama would be proud. Lets go to his hometown news for the interview, The Honolulu Star.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/06/0 ... r-pirates/
All that and they never showed the homer, here it is...the seventh time this year...
https://www.mlb.com/video/must-c-wongs- ... 2112324283
The 1000 game played at the new Busch, Cardinals are approaching 10,000 wins as a franchise. The Saint Louis Cardinals are a pretty good baseball team, who here can remember the last time they finished the season in last place? What nobody remembers? Well you would have to be a very very old man, they finished in last place in 1918, 100 years ago. That's another record that nobody is close to beating. Oh shoot I hope I didn't just jinx them :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #35  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:11 am 
Michael Wacha took a no hitter into the ninth, then gave up a clean base hit to the first batter he faced. His rookie season he took a no hitter into the ninth and then got the first two batters out before giving up a hit. He'll get one sooner or later.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2368 ... ack-season
Nolan Ryan holds the record with a unbelievable 7 no nos in his career. An interesting stat, there have been many many no hitters pitched in the long history of baseball. Five times the team that was no hit won the game. Can you even imagine that, your a pitcher, you gout there and pitch the best game of your career, you hold the opposing team to no hits on the day, nine innings, no hits, and you lose the game. :smack:
Here is more than what you wanted to know about no-hit ball.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M ... no-hitters
I get a kick out of the names, King Kelly, Pud Galvin, Farmer Vaughn, Silver Flint, Yip Owens, there is even a John Montgomery Ward.......people don't name their kids like that anymore..

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #36  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:53 am 
Interesting info Hip.... :yep: :thumbup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #37  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2018
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:23 am 
Yadi Molina made a return to the lineup earlier than expected last evening and drove in a run in the Cardinals loss to The Miami Marlins 11-3, the got trounced. Cubs and Yankees the two hottest teams in the bigs both winning 8 of their last 10. Cubs are one game out of first, Cards have won 5 of last ten and are 3.5 games back in third place, need to pick up the pace and not let this slip away.

Offline Profile