Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #21  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:36 am 
Jermain was stripped of his belt Thursday. He had a mandatory defense bout coming up and isn't going to make it so the IBF stripped him. I'm not a big fan of those rules always held that a belt should be won or lost in the ring unless a fighter is just flat out refusing to fight.

MAUMELLE, Ark. — According to Lindsey Tucker with the International Boxing Federation, Jermain Taylor was stripped of his IBF middleweight title on Thursday.

A letter was sent to his promoter stating that under IBF rules, a boxer must be able to defend his title, and because of Taylor's recent legal troubles, he has not been able to.

THV11 reported in January that Taylor was arrested after a man said that the boxer shot at him and pointed a gun at his wife and children. He was charged with two counts of battery, three counts of aggravated assault, one count of possession of substance, and third-degree endangering a minor.

Taylor reportedly made bond and was released the next day. That evening, THV11 received a document detailing that prosecutors were asking that his bond be revoked on a previous arrest. Taylor turned himself in the next day, and he is said to be currently undergoing a mental evaluation.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #22  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:07 am 
Below is the entire press release from the IBF strippin' Taylor of his title:

February 6, 2015, Springfield, NJ – The IBF Middleweight title, which was held by Jermain Taylor since October 8, 2014, has been vacated. It has been widely reported that on January 22, 2015, Mr. Taylor surrendered to authorities in Pulaski County, AK, was placed in custody and is due in court on February 10, 2015. Reports have also indicated that Mr. Taylor would be moved to a state hospital to await an evaluation which will take place by April 27.

Rule 5.C. of the IBF/USBA Rules Governing Championship Contests states in part:

“Any boxer who is ill, injured, under a legal impediment which would prevent the bout from taking place, or on suspension at the time the Championships Chairman and President order a bout under this rule shall be considered unavailable.”

It is the opinion of the IBF/USBA that Jermain Taylor’s confinement has effectively rendered him unavailable to prepare to defend his title at the time the Championships Chairman and the President are due to order his mandatory bout. Furthermore, his confinement prevents him from actively negotiating with the leading available contender under Rule 5.D.1. For these reasons, the Championships Committee and the Board of Directors have decided to withdraw recognition of Mr. Taylor’s title in accordance to Rule 5.D.1.(b) so as not to tie up the division and penalize the other boxers in the IBF Middleweight rankings.

“The IBF wishes Jermain the best of luck and hopes that he is able to resolve these matters quickly,” stated IBF President Daryl Peoples. Jermain Taylor’s promoter, Lou Di Bella, was advised to notify the organization when Mr. Taylor resumes his boxing career.

Hassan N’Dam and Felix Sturm, ranked numbers 1 and 3 respectively, are the two highest ranked contenders in the division and have been ordered to fight for the title. They are to notify the IBF of their availability by February 9, 2015 by 5PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #23  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:44 pm 
Pulaski County Alaska? :happy0035: Who proof reads this stuff?

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #24  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:03 pm 
Hip wrote:
Pulaski County Alaska? :happy0035: Who proof reads this stuff?

Probably ex boxers who've had their bells rung one too many times... :happy0035:

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #25  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:23 am 
This was a real good fight. Dwight Braxton reminded me of a miniture Joe Frazier, he was pretty tough, this went the distance. Back then fighters fought 15 rounds and were pretty pooped out afterward. I think this was Mike's first fight after losing his wife in a car crash. After the fight you can see him holding his daughter Michelle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z43-l4VUi0U

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #26  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 am 
Tonights the one we've been waiting for Money Mayweather VS PacMan. I can't even predict, if I was pushed to I would pick Mayweather. Only cuz he's stuck with Boxing and PacMan has dabbled in a few other thing recently. He's great but how many things can a man do good? At 32 he was elected to the Philippine House of Representatives. He has also been involved in basketball, acting, and is a retired singer. Things that I think would distract from his boxing, we'll see I guess.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #27  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 am 
Michael wins his title. This looks like the Mike I knew, his big hair, use to wear a natural they called it. This would be the last of his natural, keeping his hair trimmed after this one. Eddie Muhammad was another very tough boxer, the champ. If you don't want to watch the whole thing at least go to 36:45 and watch a little, Mike drops Eddie then continues to tee off on him for quite awhile. This one feature Howard Cosell at his best, Howard did boxing well but he got sick of it, got sick of the violence. He was pretty close with Ali, but it was a Randell Tex Cobb fight against Larry Holmes that finally did Howard in. After larry broke up Cobbs face, with Randell Cob hardly even landing a punch the whole fight, Howard Cosell said he would never cover a fight again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz39rkg_TE4

Offline Profile  

Judge
2011 Deer Contest
2014 Trail Cam Contest
Winning Team
2007 Deer Contest
2013 Winner Archery
Highest Scoring Deer
Sponsor
2014 Deer Contest
2015 Deer Contest

Post #28  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:42 am 
Hip wrote:
Tonights the one we've been waiting for Money Mayweather VS PacMan. I can't even predict, if I was pushed to I would pick Mayweather. Only cuz he's stuck with Boxing and PacMan has dabbled in a few other thing recently. He's great but how many things can a man do good? At 32 he was elected to the Philippine House of Representatives. He has also been involved in basketball, acting, and is a retired singer. Things that I think would distract from his boxing, we'll see I guess.

This is something I have looked forward to for a very long time, I just hope it lives up to the hype. No way I miss it though :th_no.gif: My heart is with Pac but my brain has to go with Mayweather. Both are phenomenal but in different ways, both a little past their primes, could be an awesome fight if Mayweather doesn't make it a snoozer by trying to run around the ring and pot shot.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #29  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:44 am 
I was listening to talk radio on the ride into work earlier this evening. The fight was the topic. If pay for view goes as planned, Mayweather is set to make 120 million for the fight. I know months of prep goes into it but it boils down to him making 120 million in one night. That is more than many companies and corporations make in an entire fiscal year. They rattled off a few names, The Cheesecake Company stuck in my head cuz I love cheescake, another that stuck in my head, Smith & Wesson, Mayweather will make more in one night than the Smith & Wesson company makes profit for its shareholders in a year. I guess thats why his nickname is "Money". I've seen him on a couple TV shows M TVs Rediculousness the other night, he had his duffle with him. Mayweather totes around a duffle bag with a million dollars in cash with him whenever he's out.
Here he is....
post image

Maybe the US Mint can bring back the thousand dollar bill, and instead of a president they can have Mayweather's likeness on the bill, whatya think? :duck:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #30  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:58 am 
Since so much money and interest is involved in this fight I wouldn't be surprised to see a draw and a rematch in order to generate even more money... Just sayin'...

Mayweather by decision though....

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #31  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:16 am 
You could be right, its like why does The World Series and the NBAs final always go the distance, seven games? could it be $$$$$

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #32  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:50 pm 
Earlier up there In the Spinks Braxton fight I mentioned Mike's first fight since his wife was killed, holding his daughter Michelle after the fight. Why is it such bad things happen to good people? Mike lost his wife, then his money, he lost a grandaughter too. Heres Michelle his daughter all grown up.
upload images free
Its a mugshot, misdemeaner Failure to appear in Georgia, Michelle lost her daughter to a murdering boyfriend.

A 22-year-old DeKalb County man is charged with the murder of his fiancee's daughter. DeKalb Police say Ellison Matthews allegedly sexually abused the two-year-old girl Saturday at her Brockett Road home while he was babysitting the girl and her three siblings. The toddler later died of those injuires. The children's mother, 29-year-old Michelle Spinks, was at a wedding when her daughter was molested. Michelle Spinks is the daughter of Olympic champion heavyweight boxer Michael Spinks."

Just real sad :sob: Even though he's a child molester he is probably safer locked up than on the street where Mike could get him, and if he ever gets out, Mike will get him.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #33  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:34 pm 
All the major cable providers are having trouble with the pay for view. The fight may not get started until midnight if then. Seems there is more demand than there is bandwidth and the computers are going down, lots of mad customers, they didn't anticipate the demand. Also the Las Vegas airport has closed down to private jets, they are all filled up, no place to park anymore private jets, hundreds flew in for the fight. The air in Vegas is buzzing. Its fight night.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #34  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:24 pm 
The fight is a draw after 6 rounds......

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #35  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:44 pm 
And heres the fight everybody has been wanting to see :laughsmile: In its entirety, Butter Bean :th_yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT7LbFnpVz4

Man those guys over at Business Weekly are making me look like a fool saying the fight wouldn't start for hours. Theres just one round left to go and the feeling is Mayweather is in charge and the PacMan needs a knockout.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #36  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:53 pm 
Mayweather wins by unanimous decision

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #37  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:45 pm 
The take better than expected. Mayweather gets 180 million, PacMan 120 million. Heck I would get in the ring with either one, I don't care which knock me out, for $500,000. :happy0035: Heck a $100,000. Maybe $1000. :poundfloor:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #38  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:31 am 

My buddy Mike and me are missing the same front teeth. If I was to see him today I would smile and he would laugh his butt off.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #39  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:54 am 
Tickets for the Olympic boxing trials went on sale Friday. Being held just a stones throw away in Memphis. Both mens and womens. Womens boxing is going to be an Olympic sport this go round. I wonder if we will see gender neutral Olympics in our lifetime :happy0035: That would be something, women fighting men in the ring :happy0035: Nothing surprises me anymore.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #40  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:54 am 
Roy Jones Jr. whom I always thought of as one of the best boxers pound for pound to ever get into the ring has personally asked Russian President Putin for Citizenship and a passport and Putin has said of course. He wants to travel back and forth freely, a businessman and ambassador, first we had Dennis Rodman now this. :poundfloor:

uploading pictures

Yasiel Puig the Dodgers allstar outfeilder is a Cuban defector, somebody ask him if he wants to be a ambassador :happy0035:

Probably wouldn't work, Cuba would snatch him back. Speaking of Puig this is the stuff movies are made of, take a look at what Wiki says about him:

Since 2011, Puig tried to defect to Mexico five times, in order to become a legal resident so he could become eligible to sign a contract in Major League Baseball. He was taken to Mexico by the Los Zetas, a murderous Mexican drug cartel involved in cocaine and smuggling. At least two were fugitives. The first time, the police pulled over Puig’s car. The second time, the boat failed to arrive. The third time, police raided their safe house and detained them for six days. On the fourth try, the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Vigilant intercepted their boat near Haiti. The fifth time, he went with three companions: a boxer, a pinup girl, and a Santeria priest.

They[who?] tried to sell Puig for $250,000 to Floridian Raul Pacheco, the 29-year-old president of Miami-based T&P Metal and PY Recycling. After Puig would sign an MLB contract, he would owe 20% to Pacheco. Pacheco was arrested in 2009 for attempted burglary after asking a friend to help him remove an air-conditioning unit. He told police “I have stolen from these people in the past.” He was arrested in 2010 for using a fake Bank of America credit card to buy $150 worth of beer. Police found four other fraudulent credit cards and a fake ID card. He was sentenced to two years’ probation. In addition, they also offered him to Los Angeles-based agent Gus Dominguez, starting at $175,000. They also offered him to New York-based agent Joe Kehoskie, starting at $250,000. “Nobody’s going to Cuba and bringing out a guy like Yasiel Puig,” Kehoskie said, “and just handing him over to an agent out of the goodness of their heart.”

A month later, the captain of the smuggling boat, Yandrys León, was found dead in Cancún. León was called “one of the most important capos of the Cuban-American mafia” by the United Press International. Cuban boxer Miguel Angel Corbacho Daudinot was sentenced to seven years in prison after Puig allegedly testified against him to the Cuban authorities. In 2013, Corbacho Daudinot's lawyers filed a federal lawsuit against Puig in Miami, claiming that Puig delivered false testimony that led to Corbacho Daudinot's imprisonment under "inhumane" conditions, and in so doing violated the Torture Victim Protection Act; the suit seeks $12 million in damages.
According to court records, Puig has paid Pacheco over $1.3 million. He also paid $400,000 to $500,000 to Alberto Fariñas, the 49-year-old vice president of Pacheco’s T&P Metal company, and $600,000 to Marcos Gonzalez, a Miami lawyer. He also paid an undisclosed amount to Gilberto Suarez, founder of a start-up company called Miami Sport Management.

Offline Profile