Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #41  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:56 am 
Jermain Taylors mom passed away the other day at a very very young age, younger than me. Cancer. So sad. A judge has determined he will not let Jermain out of jail for the funeral. He's been locked up here in Little Rock since May. He will let him out for a few hours to stop by the wake at the funeral home though. But a trip to the cemetary with armed guards and the press it would bring would distract from his mothers ceremony, I can understand that. I have a female friend locked up, up in Newport, she was let out for her sister funeral. But she nor her sister were a celebrity. They still haven't even set up a trial date for Jermain.

Look under T for Taylor
http://www.pcso.org/InmateRoster.shtml
Click on his name, looks like he's facing couple battery charges, and evaluation at a state hospital.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #42  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:49 am 
They let Jermain post bail and get out of jail Monday. Had they did it two days earlier he could have went to his mothers funeral. Thats just plain mean. He's off to Florida to start training, he vows he'll get a belt again. He's gonna be drug tested often. He's getting up there in age but Big George showed us even old guys can win a few. Old champs can always be as good as they once were, for a half a round. They just have to pick the right half round to do it in ;-)

Offline Profile  

Judge
2011 Deer Contest
2014 Trail Cam Contest
Winning Team
2007 Deer Contest
2013 Winner Archery
Highest Scoring Deer
Sponsor
2014 Deer Contest
2015 Deer Contest

Post #43  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:49 am 
I don't think George had experienced multiple concussions and a brain bleed prior to his comeback run though. Jermaine was never much more than a hyped amature, with his history of suffering knock outs I think he is gambling with his health while holding a losing hand.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #44  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:13 am 
When he first hit the national spotlight Jermain was the most mannerly and respectful soundin' boxer I ever saw. He was role model material. And from Arkansas too. I took pride in Jermain Taylor bein' from my home state. But he chose to change the direction of his life, and now he's havin' to pay the price no different than countless others who choose the wrong path in life have to do. I'm sorry he didn't get to attend his Mother's funeral. But that was his fault for puttin' himself in that situation in the first place. Jermain has been found mentally fit on 3 different occasions so in my mind that only leaves drugs to explain this free fall he's been on. But he showed signs of good character in his early career and I honestly hope him goin' to Florida and tryin' to get back in boxing will bring that good character back to the surface and help him get his life back on the right track this time whether he's ever successful in the ring again or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #45  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:18 am 
(CNN) — His hands and his mouth were furiously fast. His skill as a boxer made him "The Greatest" in his mind and in the minds of many others.

He antagonized opponents with his taunts, amused reporters with his boasts and angered government officials with his anti-war speeches. At the same time, he goaded a stubborn, hard-nosed society with his stinging jabs against pervasive racism.
Since the mid-1960s, he had been one of the most famous faces on Earth, and even though his appearances in recent years were few, the name Muhammad Ali still sparked smiles all around the globe.
His death Friday at age 74 came after a lengthy battle against Parkinson's disease. Ali was diagnosed with the disease in 1984, three years after he retired from a boxingpar career that began when a skinny 12-year-old Louisville, Kentucky, amateur put on the gloves.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #46  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:41 am 
Real good one coming up, we need a real good one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2732 ... =editorial

Surprised me to see that pic of Haggler and Tommy Hearns, wasn't just a week ago I watched that one again on YouTube, if you never seen it go see it, just three rounds. That first round may be the best first round in boxing ever. I won't tell you who won :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #47  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:13 am 
I really like Alverez. Granted Tripple G has the power to end it early but Alverez has a good chin and is a great counter puncher.

But in the end I think if Tripple G doesn't tag him early he'll probably wear him down by the later rounds then tag him or come out with a TKO. But still I plan to be watchin' it online if I can find it, and be rootin' for Alverez. Image

Online Profile  

Admin

Post #48  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:43 pm 
I found it online... The last preliminary just ended and the main event is comin' up... :thumbup:

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #49  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:56 pm 
All I can find is a round by round update, you actually found a live stream of the fight? sometimes on facebook someone with pay for view will show it off their TV but soon facebook shuts it down.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #50  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:02 pm 
It was a good fight.... and a DRAW!!!!!!!!!

Already talkin' re-match, and they haven't left the ring yet... Image Image Image

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #51  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:15 pm 
The site I was keeping tabs on had it 116-112 Golovkin, but then final result was a draw, go figure. Reading each rounds recap though it did seem even.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #52  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:51 pm 
One judge had it for Alvarez, one had it for Tripple G, and the other one had it a draw.......

Although you could tell Alvarez tired in the last 2 or 3 rounds, it was a great fight to the end. And it was indeed a close fight. But although I was pullin' for Alvarez, I really didn't see him do enough to dethrone an undefeated champion, who usually gets the decision in close fights.

Online Profile  

Admin

Post #53  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:13 am 
One judge is really gettin' raked over the coals today. One had it close for Tripple G, one had it a tie, and one judge, who the dude in the video below wanted "tested" last night after the fight, had Alvarez winnin' by a landslide.... :shrug:

https://news.google.com/news/video/k5hK ... =en&ned=us

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #54  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:10 am 
Jake LaMotta, boxing’s “Raging Bull,” who brawled his way to the middleweight boxing championship in a life of unbridled fury — within the ring and outside it — that became the subject of an acclaimed film, died on Tuesday in Aventura, Fla., near Miami. He was 95.
Jake was asked whats the secret once and he said. Kill the other guy before he can kill you. :happy0035:
He also wrote in his memoir "charge out of the corner, punch, punch, punch, never give up, take all the punishment the other guy could hand out but stay in there, slug and slug and slug.”

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #55  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:23 pm 
For your enjoyment. We always talk about winners here, everybody loves a winner. Champs. But there are always two sides to a coin. Don't ever forget that. You can look these up on google if you don't believe me.
In 2006 a guy by the name of Robin Deakin made his pro boxing debut and won his first pro fight. He then proceeded to lose the next 51 bouts.
Reggie Strickland from Cincinnati Ohio fought from 1987 until 2005, in those years he racked up 276 losses. Give him some credit though he did win 66 matches.
Then we have Eric Crumble, with a name like Crumble what would you expect? :happy0035: He didn't have a long career but he sure had a dramatic one if you ask me. Eric, from Milwaukee Wisconsin, started boxing professionally in 1990 and had just 31 fights. He got knocked out in every single one of them. Finished up 0-31, all losses by KO. That kind of makes me wonder, why on earth did he step into the ring for that 31st fight. He must have been a real optimist, I would like to meet him. :happy0035:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1238484/b ... en-bottle/

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/06/01/sport ... iving.html

https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Eric_Crumble

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #56  Post subject: Re: Boxing
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:26 pm 
These guys should have all chosen an easier way to make a livin'... :happy0035:

Online Profile