Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #101  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:36 am 
The girls did not get an invite to the NCAA, they did go to the WNIT and won the first round game Wednesday night. They beat Southern Miss Eagles 72-62 to advance to the Second Round of the Postseason WNIT for the first time in program history. They will face Alabama Sunday afternoon. Looks like Alabama was 18-12 overall this year, they play in the big conference, the SEC. Here is a link to their schedule this year http://www.rolltide.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball They are a good team. So are we :happy0035: should be a good game. The season isn't over yet. This game will be on Alabama's home court :sob: We did beat Southern Miss on their home court. Maybe if we win this one we'll get to play in Little Rock, we'll see. We are one of three teams that won on the road in the opening round so far.

The bracket, it's a big tournament, bigger than I thought.
http://www.womensnit.com/uploads/2/0/0/ ... ublish.pdf

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #102  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:57 am 
Once again the season ends in heartbreak , once again a close one, once again it came down to the final shot. Once again a season to be proud of, lots of awards, we had the player of the year in the conference, our coach got coach of the year. Sharde got her 1000 point in this last game. From the Trojans web page.

Game Recap: Women's Basketball | 3/19/2017 4:40:00 PM

Trojans' Season Ends With Loss to Alabama in WNIT

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama used an 11-0 run spanning the end of the third and start of the fourth quarters to get back into the game, and the Crimson Tide hit a layup with 5.1 seconds remaining to defeat Little Rock 55-53 in the WNIT Second Round at Coleman Coliseum on Sunday afternoon.
The loss ends the season for Little Rock (25-9) and moves Alabama (21-13) into the WNIT Third Round later this week.
In her final game as a Trojan, Sharde' Collins topped the team with 20 points and scored her 1,000th career point in the third quarter while adding five rebounds and a block. Sophomore Kira Shepard was Little Rock's only other double-digit scorer with 10 points.
Senior Kaitlyn Pratt also played her final game as a Trojan, grabbing 10 rebounds and scoring 7 points. Monique Townson finished off her junior season with 7 points, four assists and three rebounds.
Little Rock led for 31 minutes of the game, jumping out to an early 12-4 advantage and holding a 13-point lead midway through the third quarter. But after a Shepard jumper to give the Trojans a 45-32 edge, Alabama closed the period with a 9-3 edge to make it just a 48-41 game entering the fourth.

The Tide then began the fourth quarter with an 8-0 run to take a 49-48 lead, their first lead since midway through the second quarter. Little Rock retook the lead with a Collins jumper, and a Shepard fast-break layup with 4:22 left made it 52-50 Trojans. But that would be the last field goal Little Rock made all game.

Alabama tied the game with two free throws, Pratt made a free throw of her own, and then the Tide made a free throw with 58 seconds left to once again tie the game at 53-53. With its next possession, Pratt was forced to try for a drive with the shot clock running down and committed an offensive foul. Then Alabama's Jordan Lewis got a rebound on her own layup attempt and put it in, giving Alabama a 55-53 edge.

Little Rock had one last chance to score with 5.1 seconds left, but the Trojans were unable to get a shot off before time expired.

Freshman Anna Hurlburt scored 2 points for the Trojans and also set a career high with four blocks. Ronjanae DeGray had 3 points at the free-throw line and four rebounds, Kyra Collier scored 2 points and Raeyana DeGray added 2 as well.

The Trojans got off to a great start shooting the ball, making 5 of their first 7 attempts from the field to take a 12-4 lead into the first media timeout with Collins scoring 7 points. The offense cooled after that, though, with Little Rock not making a field goal for the final six minutes of the quarter but still holding a 14-12 lead heading into the second.

Little Rock's scoring drought continued into the second quarter, and Alabama took a 17-14 lead with a 3-pointer that forced a Trojan timeout. After that timeout, though, Little Rock got back in the groove.

Collins got the offense started with two 3-pointers in a 31-second span, and Little Rock scored 12 of the next 18 points to take a 32-23 lead into halftime. Overall, Little Rock closed the half on an 18-6 run that included points from six different players.

Collins leaves Little Rock with 1,002 career points, 152 assists and 281 rebounds. She is fifth all-time in team history in 3-point percentage (.342), seventh all-time in field goals attempted (1,033) and eighth all-time in made 3-pointers (105).

Pratt left her mark on the program as well, finishing her career with 1,142 points and 698 rebounds. She is third all-time in team history in field-goal percentage (.539), fourth all-time in rebounds, fifth all-time in free throws made (264) and eighth all-time in scoring.

Carolee Dillard ends her time with the Trojans with 169 points and 175 rebounds. Dillard is 10th all-time in team history with 0.5 blocks per game.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #103  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:56 am 
Well yesterday Mississippi State smacked Baylor 94 to 85 to make the Final Four for the first time. They dominated Baylor in overtime. Our Lady Trojans got to play Mississippi State back in mid December as I recall. Had them on their heels most the game and a worried look on their coaches face at the Jack Center. We fell late but had a heck of a showing against the then #5 ranked team in the Nation.
One of these days........

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #104  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 am 
Looks like Sharde Collins will be sticking around for a bit. UALR has hired Sharde as Director of Basketball Operations :appl: She is now her old coaches boss :smack:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #105  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:27 am 
The Ladies open up the season on the road this year. They make a trip down to Houston to play the Rice Lady Owls on November 24th. I know the Rice Owls have always had a good baseball team don't know how the basketball program stacks up, we'll see I guess. I lived down that way, the last time I was at the Rice Campus was to see a Billy Joel/ Elton John concert, the face to face tour. Rice Stadium, a big stadium. Long time ago. I remember that there was no alcohol sales allowed and they were going to check purses so I took a bottle of Wild Turkey in inside my cowboy boot and when the folks around me seen it they all wanted a shot poured in their coke and it got me busted I was asked to leave. It was end of show anyway and it was raining so I took my bottle and walked out on Billy Joel. Oh it was fun being young. :happy0035:
Couple of new faces this year one a local girl. Tori Lasker a freshman guard from Mayflower High School. She's a cousin of my favorite Trojan Taylor Gault who graduated couple years back after leading us in that upset of Texas A&M at the big dance. Taylor posted up a picture of a whole lotta Bream she caught the other day on my facebook page, she's home for the off season from Luxingbourg.

http://lrtrojans.com/news/2016/11/10/wo ... 17-18.aspx

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #106  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:44 am 
I'll have more as the season heats up. Right now the gals are 2 wins three losses after beatings Oklahoma Tuesday night. They always seem to get off to a slow start. Tuesdays win was the 150th win at The Jack, they have an overall home record of 150 wins and 30 losses at The Jack Stephens Center. They look for their first road win of the season today up in my home town. The Lady Trojans play the girls from StLouis University, the Billikens. Who the heck knows what a Billiken is? Hmmm, heres your answer:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/0 ... cot-photos

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #107  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:30 am 
Up in StLouis we led three quarters and fell apart in the final only scoring six points. We lost by three :sob:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #108  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 am 
Little Rock women's basketball (3-6) will make its first visit to the state of Kansas since 1987 as it travels to Manhattan to face Kansas State (6-2) on Saturday at 2 p.m., at Bramlage Coliseum. The game will air live on ESPN3. :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #109  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:07 am 
Three wins and seven losses in pre conference play, now we start Sun Belt play Friday night hosting The Ragin Cajuns. I'm not worried yet, if you remember last season they started slow and then got into conference play where they went 17-1. Im hoping just maybe.......

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #110  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:13 am 
They start slow and finish in a blaze. Since Sun Belt conference play began on December 29 the girls haven't lost. Once again they seem to pick up the pace when the conference games begin they have been outscoring teams big. We beat the Ragin Cajuns from Louisiana 78-43, Louisiana Monroe 57-37, Georgia State 65-50 and Georgia Southern 64-34. Why was I ever worried?

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #111  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:00 am 
UT Arlington gave the girls a scare at the Jack Stephens Center but the gals hung tough and pulled it out 59-57. 5-0 in conference. Texas State is next then Arkansas State.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6