Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #61  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:43 am 
Check it out, 9 games into the season, Taylor didn't just make the team, she made the starting team out on the court. She's averaging the team second highest scoring average at over 15 points a game. Definitely proving she can play at that level. :appl: :appl:
http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/S ... 076?Page=0

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #62  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:35 am 
Well the gals opened the season with a win at home and then dropped a couple games. They are starting to meld a little bit this is a new team. They have now ripped off 4 wins in a row beating the likes of StLouis(The Billicans are always tough)Missouri State, Oral Roberts, and Memphis, next up is Mississippi State. I glance over all the team stats to see what kind of team we have and it looks like we have a slow starter and strong finishing team, that better than the other way around anyway. We have been outscored in the first quarter of the games so far this year 124 to 88. Not too good but in the final period we have outscored our opponents 143 to 115. We outscore them pretty well in the second period also, just we get off to a slow start it seems. We out rebound the teams we play and turn the ball over less, but we don't shoot as well and are being outscored average wise, we average only 49.8 points a game while giving up 52. So they have some things they can work on in practise :happy0035: But I like the new team, lots of youth.
http://lrtrojans.com/galleries/
Here's a link to some pics, if you look at the pics from the Oral Roberts game you'll notice none of our girls take a knee during the Anthem :thumbsup: Quite a few of the Girls at the big school in the NW part of the state are kneeling lately....now I'm not saying that's bad and I'm not trying to start something here but...... :surp:
:laughsmile:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #63  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:29 pm 
Hip wrote:
Quite a few of the Girls at the big school in the NW part of the state are kneeling lately....now I'm not saying that's bad and I'm not trying to start something here but...... :surp:
:laughsmile:

That's OK Hip. If you don't wanna start anything here then I will.... :happy0035:

In order to try to preserve our democracy and continue our quest for a better one for everybody regardless of color I think their should be lines we can't cross when it comes to that democracy. That's why I think there should be consequences instead of tolerance, and certainly not support, when anybody disrespects any of the long time symbols that represent our democracy. They aren't just symbols. They are a representation of who we are and where we've been and how far we've come as a people. Disrespect them and you disrespect our country and you disrespect yourself and your freedoms. And whether you're white black brown red or yellow when you disrespect our symbols of democracy you also disrespect your forefathers who worked without disrespect to make American democracy better for future generations. I have no doubt that the Supreme Court got it bad wrong and unnecessarily put our democracy at risk when they refused to protect our democratic symbols from those who would abuse them and try to turn them into something evil.

And yeah I know, Hitler and his Nazis punished people who disrespected Nazi symbols and we don't wanna be like Hitler and Nazi Germany. But that's not a valid comparison because Nazi symbols were symbols of a political movement, not a free country tryin' to preserve their democracy and improve the lot of their people. Sure we still have flaws and room for improvement even after 240 years. But nobody in their right mind can't say we haven't made big strides in recent times. And we will continue makin' big strides if first we don't let people destroy our country though their anti American acts and attacks on the very symbols that represents the democracy which gives them the right to protest in the first place. Symbols too that stand as a tribute to Americans from eery generation who have worked and sacrificed without disrespect to better our democracy for people of all colors.

Tolerance? Not no but hell no. Consequences? Immediate and firm.
`
Go Lady Trojans.... :smiley1639:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #64  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:44 pm 
I completely agree it is their right to protest any disrespectful way they want. However if it was left up to me the only way they would see the inside of the gym would be to buy a ticket. They would be benched forever. You cannot make an idiot do anything that is legal but you can damn sure make them wish they had not done so. :twocents: There has to be a line somewhere no one of authority as of yet will draw it. Since this started with the NFL I have quit watching them and will not ever again until the NFL and owners get some backbone to deal with it.

These so called social justice warriors have clabbered **** for brains.

Online Profile  

Admin

Post #65  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:12 pm 
Bottom line for me is it should be against the law for anyone, citizen or not, to treat and mock our symbols of democracy and freedom anyway they like. A democracy that decides they shouldn't have any lines that can't be crossed won't long be a democracy because the most power hungry and radical will eventually prevail and turn that democracy into anything they want it to be. This kind of stuff isn't rocket science..... :mad:

Online Profile  

Forum Leader
Deer Forum

2007 Deer Contest Judge

Post #66  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:14 pm 
I am with you WW except I just cannot see how it can be done without opening the door to some form of government censorship. That is one line we must not cross. The liberals want to badly so they can shut down conservative commentary and religious freedoms etc.

Online Profile  

Admin

Post #67  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:27 pm 
To me the new path contained in the link below that the lady Razorbacks have recently decided to take for whatever the reason, is a much more American and acceptable way for them to try to bring social change than tryin' to do it by treatin' our country's symbols of democracy that guarantees them that right as nothin' more than dirt under their knees.
http://5newsonline.com/2016/12/09/proje ... -veterans/

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #68  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:37 am 
I was gonna stay away from this because I seem to make people think less of me when ever I wade in on political issues but why stop now :happy0035: First I'm so glad we have this forum where we can speak our minds and not suffer repercussions and we can all be friends and talk hunting or basketball afterwards, I hope anyway.
:twocents:
While I don't agree with the methods the girls took and I wouldn't have done it I do recognize their right to do it and would help protect that right if needed. Glad they found an alternative method though. In a perfect world I guess nobody would disrespect any of the symbols of our democracy but we all know this ain't no perfect world and it did grab peoples attention. What does bother me a bit is the classic response of "Lets kill the messenger" and hardly anybody ever speaks of what they were protesting. That being the police shootings of unarmed blacks. although that's a big part of the story, that's another story. :th_smilie_help.gif: Like I said I wouldn't have done it but in this country the ultimate court has already ruled they have a right to do it.
Someone much wiser than me once said:
I prefer people that burn the Flag and wrap themselves up in the Constitution rather than those that burn the Constitution and wrap themselves up in the Flag.
Think about that one for a second.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #69  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:13 am 
I can't believe I'm helping hijack my own basketball thread. :laughsmile: Heres what the girls were trying to protest. Another black man killed at the hands of the police. This one killed while trying to restrain him and the police officers feel they have to fist bump each other for killing him. As if to say another black man killed dead, another job well done.
picture uploader
One more then I will shut up. I don't know the details of that pic up there but want to say something. A lot of people don't know it but you do have the right to resist an unlawful arrest, and to use any force necessary to resist that arrest up to and including deadly force. But if you decide to use this right you are surely going to end up dead. And another point, resisting an arrest is in itself an offense that is arrestable. So there you have it. It doesn't make sense, it's like its almost something out of the Arkansas Game and Fish regulations :laughsmile:

Your Right of Defense Against Unlawful Arrest. “Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #70  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:55 am 
Your Right of Defense Against Unlawful Arrest

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #71  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:56 am 
Hip wrote:
I can't believe I'm helping hijack my own basketball thread. :laughsmile:

Hey you didn't highjack your thread Hip, you started this conversation.... :yep: :happy0035:

Hip wrote:
While I don't agree with the methods the girls took and I wouldn't have done it I do recognize their right to do it
I agree with this statement 100% Hip because I too recognize their legal right to do it. But I think the Supreme Court got it bad wrong and did a disservice to our country when they ruled that disrespecting our flag and other democratic symbols is protected political speech. We simply can't survive as a democracy if we allow people to do every single thing to and against our country that comes to their minds. We have to draw a line. And blatantly and openly disrespectin' the very democracy that gives us the Constitutional right to peacefully protest should be considered an act against our democracy and not be tolerated from anyone of any color for any reason. People wanna protest something that's fine. I'll take to the streets and burn tires with them unless their intention is simply to stir the pot. But what I won't do and will never accept is to allow people of any color to blatantly disrespect our country and our democracy in the process of their protestin'. We can stand in the streets and burn tires and cuss our government and we can turn our backs or take a knee when local and national leaders speak, but never for any reason should anyone ever be allowed to do the same to our democracy because American democracy is what generations of Americans have fought and died for these last 240 years, not somebody's recently declared Constitutional right to help tear it down through protest. The day we stop respecting our democracy as a people will be the first day of our journey towards the trash pile of history.

I think the reason nobody hardly ever speaks about what people are protestin' about when they do it by disin' our democracy, as imperfect as it is sometimes, is because disin' our democracy is frowned upon by a large majority of Americans. So why even protest when you know your chosen method will drown out your message. Seems to me wrappin' one's self in our flag and in our other symbols of democracy would bring you a whole lot closer to winnin' your point than polarizing the majority against you by disin' their democracy.... :shrug:

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #72  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am 
Everything you say is spot on. I struggle with this one. I guess it boils down to which symbol of democracy to you place above the other, the Flag or the Constitution. But I agree one should never disrespect our flag and just maybe the Supreme court ruled wrong when they said a citizen had a right to burn one. The first amemdment is so broad and covers way to much I think it should be broken down into a few different ones.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #73  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:01 am 
The Ladies played Mississippi State tough. Mississippi is ranked #5 in the Country and we entered the final period just 4 points down but couldn't make it up. If what they say is true that you learn from your losses we learned a lot in this one. Hopefully the lessons learned will help us in games later this season. We were down just a point at halftime. Mississippi State this trip in to little Rock was the highest ranked team to ever visit here. Ronjanae DeGray had the best offensive night of her career for the Trojans, scoring 18 points on 7-of-7 shooting and a 4-of-5 effort from the free-throw line. Sharde' Collins was also in double figures with 11 points as the Trojans shot 48 percent from the field. This team we have here in Little Rock playing in the lesser known Sunbelt continues to impress the bigger programs across the country whenever we meet them. We're right on the cusp, ranked second in defence in the nation couple seasons back, getting past the 1st round of the NCAA. Who knows what the future holds. Normally and historically what happens when you have a great program such as we have, with a great coach and some outstanding recruiters is that they get lured away for big $ at bigger programs. I just hope we keep them happy at home here in Little Rock so we can continue to improve and have some more great successes.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #74  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:03 am 
image host
Ex Lady Trojan Taylor Gault in the middle there number 14, playing pro ball in Sweden. She's doing well, she's second on her team in scoring.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #75  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:51 am 
Didn't realize the Lady Trojans are as white as they are. Blacks usually outnumber whites by a large margin on basketball teams because they can jump higher than whites. Or least that's what Jimmy the Greek said one time.... :happy0035:

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #76  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:06 am 
last few years there were no whites on the team and now we have several. Look at Taylors team above in Sweden its almost all white. Yup Jimmy the Greek spoke his mind alright even when he was a little off base. heres the top three statements that ended up getting him fired.

1) “The black is a better athlete to begin with, because he’s been bred to be that way. Because of his high thighs that go up into his back. And they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs.”
2) “This goes back all the way to the Civil War, when, during the slave trading, the owner, the slave owner, would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid. That’s where it all started.”
3) “They've [blacks] got everything. If they take over coaching like everybody wants them to, there's not going to be anything left for the white people. I mean, all the players are black. I mean, the only thing that the whites control is the coaching jobs.”

Next time I see my girlfriend I'm gonna check out those high thighs and see if they go all the way into her back, How do they get around the butt? I haven't noticed that :laughsmile:
upload pics

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #77  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:03 am 
University of Arkansas, we're one big happy family...I know I know So I shouldn't even bring this up. Few years back I know we had a better team here in Little Rock than what the big school in Fayettville had. Heck I think our Little Rock girls team would have given the men a run for their money couple seasons ago. Anyway I guess we never get to play them and see. Would be nice if even just a scrimmage, or a practice game but its not gonna happen. About the only way you can even have an idea is maybe if you look at common opponents. Earlier tonight the Lady Razorbacks lost to Oral Roberts, 70 to 60. They were outgunned, never had a chance. Earlier this season Dec 1st the Lady Trojans outscored Oral Roberts 56-50....hmmm

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #78  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:29 am 
The girls rebounded (pun intended) from that loss to Mississippi State with a win over Tulsa, that's the good news. The bad news is we played LSU next and they murdered us by 20 points. I think their mind was on Christmas and elves and Santa and stuff :happy0035: Even in a big loss like that I can find some bright spots. We had three girls in double figures, normally we have just one or two get hot in any game. Kyra Collier, a freshman guard from here in North Little Rock led all UALR scorers. When you have freshman leading in scoring it tells you the Juniors and Seniors are taking a night off thinking about Santa Clause :laughsmile: Really that shows some hope for the future, she may end up being great for three or four years. LSU shot 60% which is great for ladies basketball, they also scored more points against us than any other team so far this year racking up 69 points. Overall we have a record of 6-6. We have lost two home games this year which is out of character for the girls but I'm not giving up on them. Next up is Louisiana, the second of three of those Cajun Teams in a row. LSU, Louisiana and Louisiana Monroe, we can't let em sweep us. That loss to LSU and Mississippi State were the first time in a few years it seems that SEC teams have beaten us, we had been Woman Handling them SEC teams :happy0035: Go Trojans

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #79  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:01 am 
Taylor Gault is moving on, she's leaving Sweden for more money.

I would like to thank Visby Ladies for allowing me to be a part of their club. I was presented with an awesome opportunity in another country. I have now signed with BBC Résidence Walferdange in Luxembourg in continuance of my career. I'm so thankful for this! God is the greatest! Taylor.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #80  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:04 am 
Since that loss to LSU the girls have been playing fantastic, I guess coach lit a fire under them. They defeated Louisiana 64-60, Blew out ULM 78-34, On the road they beat a tough South Carolina 74-66, and topped Appalachian Sate 77-69. We are playing very good ball just in time, next up is Arkansas State at home here, it's Pack The Jack Night on the 14th. We are undefeated in conference play, 10 and 6 overall and on top in the Sun Belt. :happy093: Out there earning some respect again this year. Very unlike the Arkansas State we have grown to love for their competiveness they are just 1-3 in conference and 3 and 13 overall.

Sun Belt Standings

TEAM CONF OVERALL

Little Rock 4-0 10-6
UT-Arlington 3-0 10-3
Troy 3-0 10-4
UL Lafayette 2-1 8-4
South Alabama 2-1 7-7
Appalachian State 2-2 7-8
Texas State 1-2 6-8
Georgia State 1-2 5-9
Coastal Carolina 1-3 6-8
Arkansas State 1-3 3-13
Georgia Southern 0-3 4-10
Louisiana Monroe 0-3 3-11

Freshman Guard Emily Lytle, she's a keeper.

image hosting 15mb

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next