Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #81  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:56 pm 
For the 4th game in a row we scored over 70 points, its been 5 years since we did that, the Lady Trojans rolled over Arkansas State 73-59 this afternoon. They remain at the top of the Sun Belt undefeated in conference play. Had four girls score in double figures, freshman guard Kyra Collier had a double double, rebounds and assists, that hadn't been done since Ka'Nesheia Cobbins had 10 rebounds and 12 assists against Appalachian State in January 2015. I hope I'm not being premature but I don't think anybody in the conference will catch us, and remember in NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Basketball ... Thirty-two teams gain automatic entry to the Big Dance through winning their conference's ...

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #82  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:02 am 
From the Trojans website. Another 70 point plus game.

LITTLE ROCK – In a battle for first place in the Sun Belt Conference, the Little Rock women's basketball team came out on top.

Little Rock (12-6, 6-0) survived a third-quarter run by Troy (12-5, 5-1) and held on late for a 77-74 victory at the Jack Stephens Center on Thursday night, staying undefeated in league play and taking over sole possession of first place in the conference.

Kaitlyn Pratt was Little Rock's leader on offense with 20 points and added five rebounds. Kyra Collier scored 14 points and was within a breath of a triple-double with nine rebounds and nine assists. Sharde' Collins scored 16 points, and Ronjanae DeGray was the fourth Little Rock player in double figures with 13 points.

Kaitlyn Pratt
upload imagem

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #83  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:10 pm 
FlashAgency represents both Taylor Gault and Shanity James over in Europe, both UALR ulum, Shanity a StLouis girl, Taylor a facebook friend. Both had great games recently showing they can play with the pros. First Shanity

Flash Agency feeling proud with Norrköping Dolphins (officiella) and Shanity James.

17 hrs ·
Big game for Flash Agency US Forward/Center Shanity James in the home win of her team Norrkoping Dolphins against KFUM Ostersund with 82-54 for the Damligan in Sweden. The alumna of UALR had a double double of 26 points and 11 rebounds and was the leader for her team. Congrats Shanity!!!

Now down to business, Taylor left her team in Sweden for greener pastures. In her very first game with her new team, well, wow is about all I can say. I guess she showing them she means business, great game Taylor :appl:

Flash Agency feeling proud with Taylor Gault.Like Page
January 9 at 9:10am ·

A remarkable performance for Flash Agency US Combo Guard Taylor Gault in the away win of her team Résidence against Telstar Hesperange with 45-84 for the TOTAL League in Luxemburg. The alumna of UALR in her first game in Luxembourg had 36 points, 8 rebounds and 4 steals. Congrats Taylor!!!

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #84  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:26 am 
Just announced Taylor in her first week with her new team was awarded the Eurobasket Player of the week award. She followed that last one with a 20 point plus game. You gotta think there are some WNBA scouts that keep their eye on the European League players. Few 30 40 point games and she can't keep being ignored even if she doesn't have a big butt. She has proven she can play at just about any level she's put at but hasn't had a shot at the WNBA. In the NCAA tourney she was recognized as one of the top 4 performers because of the outstanding upset game she had against Texas A&M, over girls that did go on to the WNBA. Just saying.

If that score in the game above of Taylors looks a little strange it is because over there they always post the Home Teams score first with no regard if they won or lost. Here we always post the winning teams score first with no regard for location. I like the way they do that in a way, in a glance you can tell if the home team won or lost.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #85  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:45 am 
Last update we had won 5 or 6 games in a row scoring over 70 points. The offense just keeps heating up. Since then we beat South Alabama 71-54, we beat ULM again, this time pouring in 92 points to their 47. 92 points folks :woohoo: :woohoo: Coming off that big win could have had a let down but nope, we took Louisiana to the wood shed down in Lafayette and spanked them 82-64. The Ladies have won ten games in a row and sit at the top the Conference all by themselves, 9 wins 0 conference losses. :th_yeah: :th_yeah:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #86  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:42 am 
This close, I mean we are this close :appl: Yesterday USA today released their week 13 Coaches Poll of the top twenty Five teams. Nope we didn't make the list. But after the list it says "Other teams receiving votes" University of Arkansas Little Rock....we are so close to breaking into the National Rankings.
There are teams on that list that I know we could beat.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #87  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:10 am 
Little Rock Falls to Coastal Carolina, 82-75

Trojans Go Cold After Halftime, Fall at ULM

Trojans Rally, Fall Short at Louisiana

:happy093: Gotcha...those are headlines for the UALR Trojan Men's Basketball Team. Our Ladies are still perfect in the Sun Belt. Little Rock handled Coastal Carolina 79-47 at the Jack Stephens Center on Saturday evening, winning their 11th straight game to begin Sun Belt Conference play and tie themselves with the 2010-11 Trojans for most consecutive wins to start the conference slate in team history. :thumbup: Seven games left in the regular season, next up is UT Arlington, they are second place in the Sun Belt, they have lost two conference games, one of them to us. Lets do it again. This game will be in Texas. Our last game of the season is another tough one, Troy, away game. It's going to be an interesting finish. The Lady Trojans have a 2 and a half game lead over UTA and Troy.

http://sunbeltsports.org/standings.aspx?path=wbball

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #88  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:56 am 
Can anybody name this young lady?
screen grab
No? OK here is another of her.
image post

That's our number 40 Kaitlyn Pratt, I posted her pic a few posts back. I guess if it was a man they would say he sure cleans up good :smiley1735: When she is playing she's all business, she's mean, she's determined, and she can score on anybody....and she ain't got no time for no make-up :smiley1735:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #89  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:58 am 
ARLINGTON, Texas – After struggling offensively for 30 minutes, the Little Rock women's basketball team caught fire in the fourth quarter.

First-place Little Rock scored 28 points in the final period to come from behind and defeat second-place UT Arlington 58-49 at College Park Center on Thursday afternoon.

The Trojans (18-6, 12-0 Sun Belt Conference) shot just 27.3 percent from the field in the first half but recovered to shoot 50 percent (13 of 26) from the field in the second half against the Mavericks (15-6, 8-3) and 71.4 percent (10 of 14) in the decisive fourth quarter.

The Trojans outscored UTA 28-17 in the final period.

Little Rock is now 12-0 in conference play for the first time in program history, breaking the team's record of 11 straight wins to begin conference play set in 2010-11.

That was from the Trojans web page. Last week we received 1 vote from a coach, not ours, ours doesn't get an invitation to vote, in the USA Today Coaches Top 25, this week we received three votes. We need to get more votes than the number 25 team gets to break in, I don't know what that number is.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #90  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:39 pm 
They are either in a very weak conference or there must be some very tough teams around the country for them not to even break into the top 25..... :scratch:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #91  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:46 am 
A little bit of both I fear. We don't get the coverage as say the SEC, we don't have a media rep traveling with the team like UCONN does. But that OK with me, we'll sneak into the NCAA Tourney real quiet, stay in one of the smaller hotels, then shock the socks off of somebody like we did Texas A&M two years ago. :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #92  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:38 am 
Arrg...been a up and down week. The girls lost their first conference game to Texas State the other night. Tonight at 5:30 they play Arkansas State on ESPN3. I found out that they are ranked number 43 in the National RPI, I would argue that they are better than that. The Mid Major poll, whatever the heck that is :happy0035: :happy0035: has them ranked 17th. Rankings Spankings doesn't matter they need to rebound from that loss in Texas and get back on track for a trip to the NCAA Dance at the end of season. Thats the goal for this team. Only 5 games left and they have to finish up in Troy Alabama, the second place team in the conference. We are hanging on to a two game lead on them, every game counts big from here on out. Up a couple posts, post #88 is a link to the standings.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #93  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:13 am 
The Lady Trojans rebounded back into the win column against Arkansas State, thank goodness. I was sure hoping they weren't falling apart here at the end of the season. We have a long history with Arkansas State going back 41 years. The win was Little Rock's first at the Convocation Center in four years, and Arkansas State scored its fewest points ever in the 41-year series against the Trojans. We held them to just 35 points while we scored 60. Go Trojans
image hosting
A new face steps up to lead the team we're not use to seeing, Ronjanae DeGray the six foot southmore out of Texas scored 15 points to lead the team.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #94  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:18 am 
From the Trojan web page:

LITTLE ROCK – With only two home games left in their career, seniors Sharde' Collins and Kaitlyn Pratt are making the most of their final minutes on the Jack Stephens Center floor.

On Thursday night, they made the most of their minutes late and helped make the Trojans into Sun Belt champions.

Little Rock trailed midway through the third quarter of their game with Georgia Southern, but Pratt and Collins combined for 22 points in the final 15 minutes and Little Rock went on a 15-0 run in the fourth quarter on its way to a 57-41 victory over the Eagles.

Little Rock (20-7, 14-1 Sun Belt Conference) clinched at least a share of the league championship with the win over Georgia Southern (12-15, 8-8), as second-place Troy was defeated at UT Arlington later on Thursday night.

The Trojans can clinched an outright conference championship for the second time in school history and the No. 1 seed in the league tournament on Saturday against Georgia State at 4 p.m.
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :thumbsup:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #95  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:26 am 
From the Trojans website. I watched this game on TV, UALR has their own channel on the cable up here at work, channel 61 I think, I don't know if this is com cast cable or what. The announcer for the Trojans went the entire game without mentioning the score, once in awhile I could get a peek at the scoreboard but the announcer seemed like he didn't care what the score was or even if they were keeping score. Never seen such a thing. There were times I was wondering who the heck is winning this game and got no help from the announcer. Crazy. Just one game left and I would bet a million dollars the Trojans win it. Its a sure thing. :thumbsup: :smiley1735:

MOBILE, Ala. – The Little Rock women's basketball team earned their fourth straight victory on Thursday evening, defeating South Alabama 50-44 at the Mitchell center.

The Trojans (22-7, 16-1 Sun Belt Conference) shot just 33 percent from the field on the night but held the Jaguars (9-19, 4-13) to a 29 percent shooting effort to win by 6.

Sharde' Collins led the Trojans with 13 points and also had a team-high seven rebounds. Kaitlyn Pratt was Little Rock's other double-digit scorer with 11 points. Kyra Collier had 8 points, five rebounds and two assists.

With a narrow 3-point lead of 31-28 entering the fourth quarter, Little Rock built up a double-digit lead over the period's first three minutes to keep South Alabama at bay. Little Rock got two free throws from Pratt, a Pratt layup, a Collier runner and a Collins 3-pointer to start the period. That was part of a 9-2 Trojan run that forced a South Alabama timeout and gave the Trojans a 10-point lead, their largest since early in the second quarter.

The Jaguars got back within 4 points late in the period, but Little Rock hit its free throws late – making six in the final 30 seconds – to stave off South Alabama's comeback attempt.

In the first half, Little Rock struggled with six turnovers and shot just 35 percent from the field. But the defense held South Alabama to just 25 percent shooting and forced eight Jaguar turnovers to give the Trojans a 25-21 lead at halftime.

Up next, Little Rock will close the regular season with a trip to Troy. The Trojans and Trojans will tip off at 2 p.m. on Saturday.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #96  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:24 am 
Trojans webpage this morning: :appl: :appl: :appl: Told ya Trojans would win.

Little Rock Outscores Troy to Finish 17-1 in Sun Belt

TROY, Ala. – In the final regular-season game of her career, Sharde' Collins could not be denied.

The Little Rock guard had 27 points on 12-19 shooting, leading Little Rock to a 74-63 victory over Troy at Trojan Arena on Saturday afternoon.

Little Rock (23-7, 17-1) flustered Troy's league-best offense all game, allowing Troy (19-10, 12-6) to score a conference-season-low 63 points. Troy also committed 19 turnovers that resulted in 21 Little Rock points.

Many Little Rock's points came from Collins. The senior had 14 points at halftime and added 13 more in the third and fourth quarters to come 2 points shy of her career high. Collins did tie her career high with 12 made field goals.

Kaitlyn Pratt also scored in double figures, reaching 15 points and grabbing five rebounds. Ronjanae DeGray had 10 points and four rebounds, and Kyra Collier had 8 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Carolee Dillard led Little Rock with eight rebounds.

Little Rock has now won two consecutive games against Troy, and Saturday's win was Little Rock's 11th straight in a regular-season finale. Saturday also gave Little Rock a 17-win Sun Belt regular season for just the third time in program history.

Little Rock will open the Sun Belt Tournament on Thursday at 11:30 a.m. as the No. 1 seed, where it will play the winner of Tuesday's game between Appalachian State and Coastal Carolina.

With a 53-32 lead entering the fourth quarter, Little Rock still could not coast to the finish as Troy made things difficult. Troy scored 31 points in the final period and got Little Rock's lead down to just 9 points with 1:49 left. But Pratt scored 6 points in a three-second span to put Troy at bay, getting a layup, two free throws after a flagrant foul and another layup on the inbounds after those free throws.

Little Rock played an excellent defensive first half, forcing Troy into committing 11 turnovers and only allowing Troy to shoot 29 percent from the field (7-24) in the period. Little Rock, meanwhile, got 14 points from Collins and took a 29-22 lead into halftime. Troy's 22 points scored in the half was the team's second-worst scoring half of the season.

Little Rock got its lead up to as many as 21 points in the third quarter when it outscored Troy 25-10.

With the regular-season now complete, Little Rock will head to the Sun Belt Tournament at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, La., next week. The Trojans are the league's No. 1 seed and will take on either No. 8 seed Coastal Carolina or No. 9 seed Appalachian State in the tournament's quarterfinals on Thursday at 11:30 a.m.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #97  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:49 am 
Sharde' Collins voted Sun Belt Player of the Year :appl:
host images

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #98  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:27 pm 
I'm not happy at all. The other night when the tournament opened coach Foley was presented with a coach of the year Trophy, he proceeded to walk across the court and give it to the App state lady coach said she deserved it more than him, class act. She shed tears. We have a class program here in Little Rock, its why I hate to see this, its why I'm not happy tonight. From the Trojan web page:

NEW ORLEANS – The Little Rock women's basketball team saw its run in the Sun Belt Tournament come to an end on Saturday night with a 79-71 loss against Louisiana at Lakefront Arena.

No. 1 Little Rock (24-8) could not stop No. 5 Louisiana (20-10) in the paint, as the Cajuns scored 58 points in the paint on their way to an upset over the top-ranked Trojans.

With the loss, Little Rock faces an uncertain postseason fate. The Trojans could be selected as an at-large team in the NCAA Tournament. If not, the Trojans will earn a place in the Postseason WNIT. Both brackets will be announced on Monday night.

Once again, they had a great season. I guess maybe its just too much to ask to see our team go to the big dance and go deep into it. Beating Texas A&M few years ago has given me false hope maybe. Have to keep reminding myself that was a team we won't see again for awhile maybe. Two of those girls are playing professionally right now.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #99  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:17 am 
Tough luck!!!!I think the conference leader at the end of the regular season should be the team to get the auto invite to the big dance and the conference tournament just be for pride and maybe a shot at an at large bid for somebody, plus a big money raiser for the conference. Or am I off base here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #100  Post subject: Re: UALR Lady Trojans
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:07 am 
I agree, 17-1 in the conference should be good for something

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next