Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Charter Member

WINNER
2008 Best Rub Contest
Judge
2010 Best Rub Contest
2014 Best Rub Contest

Highscores: 6
Post #41  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:51 pm 
WW wrote:
That loss just proves the old tried and true adage that you can't win 'em all, and sometimes not even 15 in a row... :happy0035: How did the Cubs do last night?

We won. :wavy:

Online Profile  

Admin

Post #42  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:32 pm 
Whiskey River wrote:
WW wrote:
That loss just proves the old tried and true adage that you can't win 'em all, and sometimes not even 15 in a row... :happy0035: How did the Cubs do last night?

We won. :wavy:
:th_yeah:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #43  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:33 am 
A recent headline....

MLB Wild Card Standings: Angels in playoff spot, Twins, Cardinals on the rise...

Cardinals are in second place behind the Cubs, been playing good ball but still find themselves 4 games back. Its not out of reach but who knows? If they just keep playing good ball maybe good things will happen, a wildcard spot wouldn't be bad. After last years end of year shenanigans I'm ready for a Cards return to playoffs. I'm referring to that team I love to hate throwing some games there at the end to keep the Cards out of playoffs. Because the Dodgers just don't have a good record against the Cards in the playoffs and their #1 pitcher can't seem to beat them.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #44  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:10 am 
cardinals are staying in the race, they have won 7 of their last 9. Last night was back and forth, good game with the Pirates. Here is a link to a nice page, give you an overview of what they have done and where they are at. I was surprised that they have spent ten days in first place this year, where was I? :scratch:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/team ... ores.shtml

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #45  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:23 am 
Cardinals win again, that's 8 of the last ten and they are just two games back behind the Cubs in second place. Last nights win completed a sweep of the Pirates. They have quite a few games against the Cubs coming up before the end of season. Their fate is in their own hands. I prefer that than having to count on another team beating somebody for them to get into the playoffs. Its taking care of business time in the season. :yep:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #46  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:00 am 
Forgot to mention, over in the American League the Cleveland Indians, better known as The Tribe have won a unheard of 18 games in a row and are 13 games in first place now. Ain't nobody going to catch these Indians by a toe :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #47  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:20 pm 
Hip wrote:
Forgot to mention, over in the American League the Cleveland Indians, better known as The Tribe have won a unheard of 18 games in a row and are 13 games in first place now. Ain't nobody going to catch these Indians by a toe :happy0035:
Cleveland's 21st straight win today against the Detroit Tigers established a new American League record of consecutive wins while also cutting the club's magic number to clinch a division title to 4.....

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ss ... e_147.html

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #48  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:57 am 
Don't ever forget, baseball is a business. That last sentence says it all. if they were to get rid of Mike, Jose Oquendo would make a fine coach, he's been a Cardinal forever. Or do they look for someone with experience as a manager?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2724 ... -instagram

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #49  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:44 am 
And now folks, the Highlite of the Season

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/article173391811.html

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #50  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:07 am 
Hip wrote:
And now folks, the Highlite of the Season

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/article173391811.html
:thumbsup: ... Busty Heart. Great name... :happy0035:

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #51  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:05 am 
Its slipping away, Cards drop to third place, they have lost the first two up at Wrigley Field, not good. Matheny brought a whole slew of youngsters up from triple AAA mid season hoping something good would happen. It was a gamble, a gamble that could cost him his job. But that's just fan talk as I understand it he has the full confidence of management. He enherited a real good operation and each year it has slipped a bit from the year before. Not Good. William O. DeWitt Jr. the cardinals owner is not a man that will accept losing for very long.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #52  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:27 am 
Cards swept the Reds and won the first game against the Pirates last night, they have won 4 in a row, 9 games over .500 that's a seasons best, 9 games over. second place. That's the good news. Bad news is they are still 5 games behind the Cubs and time is running out. They are 1 1/2 games back for a wildcard spot, ahead of them is The Colorado Rockies. While Washington and The Dodgers have clinched their division the Cubs have not, its still mathematically possible for the Cardinals to catch the Cubs. The Cubs come to town Monday night, 4 games in Busch Stadium, then three against the Brewers and the seasons over. Can't say the cards are folding, they be playing fine baseball but the Cubs just won't lose. We have a week left and anything can happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This season just flew by. The older I get the shorter the baseball seasons seem. And these players, they seem to just keep getting younger and younger :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #53  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:47 am 
I don't know if there is another team in the league that has as many promotions at the park than the Cardinals do. Seems every night at Busch is some type of give away. twp theme nights this coming week, college nightIII and Billikens night, ticket packages and stuff not sure what all, Billikens are what they call the folks at St.Louis University, the Billikens. Saturday night is a Scott Rollins bobble head give away, Scott played third base for the Cards few seasons back and is well loved in StLouis. People collect these bobble heads and some are worth BIG BIG BIG bucks. There is a Kyrie Irving Cleveland Cavs basketball bobble head on E Bay right now selling for about a grand, a Kobie Bryant sells for about $800. Friday night is a good one, they are giving away replica St Louis Blues Hockey Jerseys, but instead of a Blues note on the front they got the Birds on the Bat :thumb: a St Louis Blues Hockey baseball Jersey...I want one. On a side note: The cardinals topped 3 million fans visiting Busch stadium for the tenth year in a row. :appl:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #54  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:47 am 
:sob:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #55  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:33 am 
Hip wrote:
:sob:
Cardinals musta lost again... :happy0035:

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #56  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:37 am 
seasons over, didn't make play offs, always next year I guess.

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #57  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:04 am 
Guess its time to gear up for UALR Ladies Basketball :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #58  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 am 
OK then, GO ASTROS :excited: :th_tapemouth.gif:

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #59  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:35 am 
Astros will work for me... especially against the Yankees... :happy0035:

Online Profile  

Judge
2014 Best Rub Contest

Post #60  Post subject: Re: Cardinals 2017
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:00 am 
Well they made it, Houston Astros on their way to the Fall Classic. I hope they win it, they deserve it it has been a long time coming. I cant count the number of times I took in games at The Dome. I loved the Astrodome, lots hated it, not me. Minute Maid Park never quite had the same feeling for me though I enjoyed quite a few games there also. Hey take a look back at one of my favorite Astro teams, JR Richard, a great pitcher, look at his salary. Oh how times have changed. Cesar Cedeno, great player he didnt make a lot of money either. I once stood in a line at a card show to get Jose Cruz's autograph on a baseball card. I hand him a 1970 Rookie card with him in a St Louis Cardinal uniform to sign, he tells me it had been awhile since he seen that card he asked if he could he keep it. I let him have it and he signed a few other cards he had there for me. This was at the NASA Hilton right after it opened. Am I showing my age? A top notch pitcher making 70K a year? If JR Richards pitched today he would be a 18 million dollar a year man. His career was shortend by a stroke. It was controversial at the time he had complained about tiredness, numbness and the team doc kept giving him the go ahead, cleared him to pitch then he had a stroke. Doctors aren't fortune tellers.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/…/1977-roster.shtml
The Dodgers are next, I love to hate the Dodgers.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next