Arkansas Hunting and Fishing
Where Sportsmen Gather Year Around to Talk About
Huntin' and Fishin' and The Great Outdoors!

* Arcade   
 * Register    * Login 

This Forum Stands.
If you don't, or you support those who don't,
you aren't welcome here!

Time to Click HERE Or Visit The Deer Forum
To Sign Up For This Years Deer Contest!

Announcement
Thanks for stopping by. This Forum doesn't promote any particular method of hunting or fishing, any weapon or equipment of choice, or any particular management strategy or agenda. We strive instead to provide all individual sportsmen and women a place to relax and have fun in a friendly civil atmosphere while discussing outdoors related activities and issues with fellow sportsmen and women from all across the state and beyond. So whatever your outdoors passions might be, click on the Register link above then scroll down and follow the simple instructions to become an appreciated and respected member of the Forum's family. Registration is fast easy and FREE...

THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT FORUM. It is owned and operated by Arkansas redneck hunters and fishermen and is not a part of any organization, business, or agency

Admin

Post #1  Post subject: New Razorback Football Coach
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 pm 
SMU's Chad Morris...... :scratch: :shrug:
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/ark ... had-morris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Profile  

Highscores: 1
Post #2  Post subject: Re: New Razorback Football Coach
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 pm 
It's not official yet but probably will happen.... He was the OC at Clemson till 2 years ago when he went to SMU as head coach. He's a Texas guy that is VERY strong at recruiting in Texas.

Online Profile  

Charter Member

Judge
2010 Deer Contest

Post #3  Post subject: Re: New Razorback Football Coach
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:02 pm 
Local news tonight indicated ole Jerry Jones was involved in this. :no:
The guy has turned around SMUs program and has Clemson ties which if some rumors are correct could be a big plus.
Was not very impressed at first glance but we have no choice now but to wait and see. The Texas recruiting ties as mentioned above hopefully hold true.
One thing to consider by him turning around SMU is his limited recruiting class. Not just anyone can be accepted into SMU as a student or player.
Maybe I am just trying to be happy about this but I am liking it better than Norvell. I know a lot hate Miles but was kinda hoping to go that route seeing whats available out there.
Or better yet, bring back Petrino. Throw in 3 blondes and a chick-fil-a for them to work at rather than working for UA and we could have a real team.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #4  Post subject: Re: New Razorback Football Coach
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 pm 
Miles doesn't have much of a head coachin' record since he's only had one 3 year head coaching college job with a record of 14-22. He had some success as an offensive coordinator at Clemson but that's a long long way from bein' a head coach. So I still view him as an unproven talent, especially steppin' into the SEC with little college head coachin' experience under his belt.

One problem is Razorback fans are out of patience and hungry for success so I'm not sure our new AD Yurachek and Miles, considerin' their experience level, can last long enough at Arkansas to ever be successful in the SEC. But then again maybe we'll get lucky... :th_smilie_help.gif:

I think we wasted too much time waitin' on Malzahn and let other proven coaches get away from us. I would have bet my farm Malzahn wouldn't come to Arkansas. I wouldn't have if I'd been him. I think somebody in Fayetteville was livin' in a dream world to even think he might take the Arkansas job. We also waited too long to let Bielema go in my opinion because I think if we'd had 3 or 4 more weeks for people to know that we were in the market for a new coach that we'd had a better chance to pick up somebody with more experience at the SEC level.

But we didn't. Then because of recruitment deadlines we were rushed when Malzahn finally said no by resignin' with Auburn. So with nothin' but a pool of mostly less experienced coaches available by that time with recruitin' deadlines fast approachin', we simply picked up a Texas coach to go with our Texas AD in hopes they can recruit in Texas. Nothin' else explains to me these two hires at an SEC level.

But whatever the case and whoever the new top hogs are I'm gonna root for them...especially if they start winnin' pretty quick... :happy0035:

Offline Profile  

Forum Leader
Sports Forum

Judge
2011 Best Rub Contest

Post #5  Post subject: Re: New Razorback Football Coach
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:30 am 
Seems very possible....We need someone with Texas connections for recruiting ...WPS

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #6  Post subject: Re: New Razorback Football Coach
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm 
It's bein' reported today by KATV in Little Rock that Miles has signed a 6 year contract. Course college coachin' contracts are so loose these days they really shouldn't be called contracts... :th_no.gif:

Offline Profile  

Winner
07 Tiny Tines Award

Post #7  Post subject: Re: New Razorback Football Coach
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:09 pm 
Why do you keep saying Miles?? Were you wanting Les Miles :surp: I think it will be a wait and see if Morris is a good hire. If he can get his buddy Brent Venables to be his definsive coordinator, it will be huge.

Offline Profile  

Admin

Post #8  Post subject: Re: New Razorback Football Coach
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm 
dspeakes wrote:
Why do you keep saying Miles?? Were you wanting Les Miles :surp:
Well I don't know how or why I got off on Miles dspeaks... although Miles might have been a better grab considerin' his SEC experience. :shrug: But I guess I need to learn our new coach's name though if I'm gonna be rootin' for him to be successfull.... :happy0035: And you're right about him gettin' Venables to tag along cause I've read his defensive skills leave a lot to be desired. Although I never expected us to be able to land a big name coach I'm a little disappointed at the moment that we didn't land anybody with SEC experience of some type or the other after our experience with Bielema.... But hopefully Morris will surprise me and he and our new AD will turn out to be just what we need at this moment in time. After all, Texas is a big state with lots of good players just waitin' to be recruited.

There are other videos about Morris at the end of the one below:

Offline Profile